Mirroring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowessnipe

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
I'm a fairly new DTV installer and have been asked more than once by customer's ,if I could mirror a receiver so they could use 1 receiver to operate 2 TVs.I've never done this but know that it is done and DTV even puts it on the WO sometimes.All I know is it involves 2 diplexers and a hi-freq splitter.Does anyone know the procedure for mirroring?Please be specific as the ol gray matter doesn't function as well as it did in my younger years.

The same line going to the IRD you put the in/out side on the diplexer. Splitter goes on the out to TV. One line goes to tv the other to Ant. On the opposite diplexer on the ant side you need to connect the other room.

I'm a fairly new DTV installer and have been asked more than once by customer's ,if I could mirror a receiver so they could use 1 receiver to operate 2 TVs.I've never done this but know that it is done and DTV even puts it on the WO sometimes.All I know is it involves 2 diplexers and a hi-freq splitter.Does anyone know the procedure for mirroring?Please be specific as the ol gray matter doesn't function as well as it did in my younger years.
No hi-freq splitter is used just a standard VHF/UHF splitter is used to split the CH.3/4 output. We don't call it mirroring we call it a backfeed.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)