Mirroring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlinman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
Hi guys I have a TV in the living room and my bedroom and my wife has a tv in the kitchen
I would like to be able to mirror my main tv to the kitchen with the genie and one client.

Is this possible?? and what would need to be done??

Hi guys I have a TV in the living room and my bedroom and my wife has a tv in the kitchen
I would like to be able to mirror my main tv to the kitchen with the genie and one client.

Is this possible?? and what would need to be done??

As soon as you hook anything up to it to convert the output to coax you'll lose HD in the living room. Is this really worth it?

Arent all of the outputs on the genie hot at the same time? If so, why not run component to the kitchen? Or even use a HDMI splitter and put HDMI to both. That way both the kitchen and main tv see (mirror) the same program, and the client runs the bedroom. Seems simple, unless I am missing something.

Arent all of the outputs on the genie hot at the same time? If so, why not run component to the kitchen? Or even use a HDMI splitter and put HDMI to both. That way both the kitchen and main tv see (mirror) the same program, and the client runs the bedroom. Seems simple, unless I am missing something.

I could do mirroring with HMDI and component on my HR24 but I can't with the Genie. There was an error message on movie channels and you had to unplug the HDMI from the HR24 to let it through. Then it was a pain to get the component to be live again. It's not worth it.

If you have 3D on one tv and not on the second, you lose it on both with an HDMI splitter. Other than that, I think that would work.

I got an hdmi splitter from mono price that passes 3d through. Works fine, and was reasonable. I'll try to find the model number. I use it as my splitter during football season to put my signal to my tv outside.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hdmi splitter seems the best bet then If you want hd.

If the kitchen tv is not hd, or more likely is smaller where sd wouldn't be a big deal, would composite go through at the same time as hdmi? Of course if you take the time to run those wires, might as well make it hdmi if you have the input.

Hdmi splitter seems the best bet then If you want hd.

If the kitchen tv is not hd, or more likely is smaller where sd wouldn't be a big deal, would composite go through at the same time as hdmi? Of course if you take the time to run those wires, might as well make it hdmi if you have the input.

Not anymore, once composite cables are hooked up the receiver will try to switch to "SD mode" and kill the main HD Feed. Sucks... I know...

What about Component ?

Are you guys saying that the HDMI and Component on the Genie can't be used together ?

IF thats the case, I'll pass on the Genie/s.

So hdmi splitter. If you can run hdmi to the kitchen, problem solved.

The Genie and clients enforce HDCP on everything. The regular receivers and DVRs only have HDCP on premium channels, at least at the moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.