Missed install twice in two days.

abarnes

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I am patiently trying to get Voom installed but having little luck! Was scheduled for 8-12 appt. on Friday 2/11. and after raisin cain, got another appointment set up for 2/12. Pro Star Digital (The company subcontracted for the installs probably through Installs, Inc) said they would come between 9 and 10 on Saturday 2/12 but once again they never showed!

Anybody got any suggestions how to get an install since Voom will not let you install yourself?

Welcome to the forum!

There have been multiple reports on this forum about Pro Star Digital missing appointments. I am surprised they are still getting orders from Installs Inc. You can either call Pro Star and talk to the owner (hopefully he can do something about it), or you can call VOOM/Installs and insist on a different installer. If nothing else helps, send an email to wilth@optonline.net and he will get things moving. Good luck!

abarnes said:
I am patiently trying to get Voom installed but having little luck! Was scheduled for 8-12 appt. on Friday 2/11. and after raisin cain, got another appointment set up for 2/12. Pro Star Digital (The company subcontracted for the installs probably through Installs, Inc) said they would come between 9 and 10 on Saturday 2/12 but once again they never showed!

Anybody got any suggestions how to get an install since Voom will not let you install yourself?

yeah i can help you but i need your name and phone number asap just pm me with it and i will get it to the field manager in your area or you can email him with you problem jyukie@installs.com and he will take care of you . so just email him or pm me with the info.

Finally!

I finally got my Voom installed yesterday. The installer was only three hours late this time.

Anyways, now I have another very interesting problem. If I punch in channel 28, it displays channel 4. We have reset the stb's and everything. The only way I can get channel 28 to show up is set the stb to channel 28 then go into the installation menu, go into aim the antenna, punch in 36 for channel 28 and when the signal shows up hit watch button.

Anybody got any suggestions other than a service call? The signal shows 92 for channel 28. also when I do get 28 in, I get intermittent scramble blocks,

abarnes said:
I finally got my Voom installed yesterday. The installer was only three hours late this time.

Anyways, now I have another very interesting problem. If I punch in channel 28, it displays channel 4. We have reset the stb's and everything. The only way I can get channel 28 to show up is set the stb to channel 28 then go into the installation menu, go into aim the antenna, punch in 36 for channel 28 and when the signal shows up hit watch button.

Anybody got any suggestions other than a service call? The signal shows 92 for channel 28. also when I do get 28 in, I get intermittent scramble blocks,

go to the installtion wizard and do a rescan your locals

hello: if you are from ohio prostar digital is the far worse company i have ever dealt with also, the only way i could get my local channels to come in was to use an a/b switch, get up from the recliner switch it to one side to watch the local channels, then get up again and switch it back to the other side to watch the sat channels, and there answer is oh well as long as its working this way and your getting the local channels to come in this way, there is nothing more we can do about it, so i finally got fed up with them 6 months ago and had voom disconnected, and went to cable, they didnt take the dsh down or the ota antenna, they just picked up the receiver and that was it, now 6 months later im going back to voom because of the lack of hd programming cable has, i am scheduled for a 3 room install on the 28th of feb between 8-12, its really going to be interesting how this fly by night company is going to hook up 3 receivers and get the local channels to work, cant wait to see them again.

Good Luck Shaun

It took me three times to get an install from Pro-Star. I am afraid to call for service.

I will try the re-scan mentioned above.

Re-scan worked

TYork, the re-scan worked. thanks for the help.

thanks for the info and the e-mail address for installs, will wait and see what happens the second time around with prostar digital, i most likely will need to e-mail them because they never did the job right the first time , thanks again for this great group or people who are willing to help with voom problems. will let you know more on monday the 28th

shaun-ohio said:
thanks for the info and the e-mail address for installs, will wait and see what happens the second time around with prostar digital, i most likely will need to e-mail them because they never did the job right the first time , thanks again for this great group or people who are willing to help with voom problems. will let you know more on monday the 28th

No problem shaun-ohio anytime just email him if you have any problems at all,
believe me you are not the first . His first name is Jeff

tyork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts