VOOM Instalation Twice NO-SHOWS

tdc24

Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
I have been stood up by VOOM "Installers" Twice. Could someone please explain to me WHO installs for VOOM. The first scheduled appointment, no-one showed up or called. Finally after calling to raise "Heck" I got calls back from Installs Inc, the Installer, and Voom. I waited until after the holidays, and found a date on VOOM website that I wouldn't have to take off from work.. Feb 21st...Well, called and verified, and even got emails from Installs Inc verifying my appointment. Today at 11:15 am, the installer callse to verify my appointment for the 22nd of Feb....WHAT??????? I am a single father, and I cannot keep taking off from work for Installers that never show up, and forget about getting a weekend install....Geez!!!

How can VOOM expect to succeed with this type of customer service? I am so upset, and I don't know if I can give them a THIRD chance...

Can someone tell me if this is common with VOOM? Who can I contact to ensure this doesn't happen again?

I am located in Alamagordo, NM...Both installers were from El Paso, TX area...

This is why Voom is in trouble, why do they have installers like this?
Jerbear

Voom uses Installs ink, they sub work out. Its a coin toss to see who gets you. Voom should let there retailors take care of the customers. Some of install inks subs :eek: .

jerbear said:
This is why Voom is in trouble, why do they have installers like this?
Jerbear

unfortunately you get some winner and some loser in every company.

TYORK said:
unfortunately you get some winner and some loser in every company.

True, but it seems (and you can't deny) that Voom has more than it's fair share of losers in the installation department.

uboatcmdr said:
True, but it seems (and you can't deny) that Voom has more than it's fair share of losers in the installation department.

Yeah i can deny I am not have that problem here in Indy but that is cause i go out 3 days a week to make sure that the Tech in my area are doing what they are surpose to be doing and if they not then it's money out of there pocket believe me it don'e take long till they catch on and do it right. So all i can say is that the QC person in some of these area are not doing there job.

And just to let you know it is not just Voom , D* and E* has the same problems

Installs, Inc. is the primary contractor for Voom.

It's their fault by signing up independent contractors and NOT adequately supervising and training.

There is no excuse; good, bad or indifferent.

It's obvious Install's, Inc. still doesn't take their position responsibly; an on going issue.

If you experience a no show or no equipment, etc, call Voom and raise absolute hell. The only message Installs, Inc. will understand: no payment for the install.

If I had anything to do with it I'd rewrite the installation contract with Installs, Inc. to read full charge-back to Install's, Inc. for no-show, per occasion. Full charge-back to Install's, Inc. for not showing up with scheduled equipment, materials, etc. All service calls to be facilitated by Installs, Inc.; no Voom, no subcontractors; completely eliminates B.S. of who's fault, regardless.

Installs, Inc., gets paid to do what there supposed to do.

Installs, Inc. is the primary contractor for Voom.

It's their fault by signing up independent contractors and NOT adequately supervising and training.

There is no excuse; good, bad or indifferent.

It's obvious Install's, Inc. still doesn't take their position responsibly; an on going issue.

Only thing i have to say depend on the area you live in and the trainer you have

My E* install was cancelled 5 times with very little or no notice each time. (Sept/Oct/Nov '04) So when they finally said they wouldn't make it out again and it would have to be rescheduled once more, I cancelled E* and checked into Voom.

My Voom installer (Installs Inc) called before the install to say he was on the way. He showed up early in the window and was very knowledgable, professional, flexible, and easy to work with. (Dec '04)

Now I have Custom Installs coming out Wednesday to upgrade my OTA antenna and they have been very pleasant and easy to work with on the phone.

tdc24, have you been in contact with anyone from VOOM headquarters? If not post on the VOOM/Yahoo site to Wilt, their VP for engineering. He reads the posts there hourly, I think, as he responds fast. When we had a problem with our installation back in Dec. '03 we posted to Wilt, he got someone from headquarters involved and we've been watching HDTV ever since...

even under clear, cloudless and rainless Seattle skies such as this evening, Gill

TYORK said:
Yeah i can deny I am not have that problem here in Indy but that is cause i go out 3 days a week to make sure that the Tech in my area are doing what they are surpose to be doing and if they not then it's money out of there pocket believe me it don'e take long till they catch on and do it right. So all i can say is that the QC person in some of these area are not doing there job.

And just to let you know it is not just Voom , D* and E* has the same problems

TYORK, you don't have these problems because you are part of an outfit with some class. You go out of your way to get the job done and make sure it is done right. You spend some of your time here helping people which is not something you have to do, but something you like to do because you not only care about your customers but about people in general.
But there are a lot of installers out there who got into it for the money alone. They only think of the quick bucks they can make and they have no pride in the quality of their work or the satifaction of their customers. The problem is that Installs Inc. seems to have too many of that type installers working for them. If more of their installers were like you there would be so many Voom install horror stories posted in these forums.

uboatcmdr summarized it perferctly...

uboatcmdr said:
TYORK, you don't have these problems because you are part of an outfit with some class. You go out of your way to get the job done and make sure it is done right. You spend some of your time here helping people which is not something you have to do, but something you like to do because you not only care about your customers but about people in general.
But there are a lot of installers out there who got into it for the money alone. They only think of the quick bucks they can make and they have no pride in the quality of their work or the satifaction of their customers. The problem is that Installs Inc. seems to have too many of that type installers working for them. If more of their installers were like you there would be so many Voom install horror stories posted in these forums.
TYORK, I doubt there is anyone here who would fault your work and the outfit you work directly for. But he's right about too many of the other kind.

I, for one, fault VOOM as well as Installs, Inc. There is an obvious lack of coordination between the two in addition to the individual technician problems. And VOOM should know by now that the have to get this situation turned around.

Installs, Inc. needs to look to your area and take note of how things should be handled, and VOOM needs to insure that Installs, Inc. does just that everywhere in the country where VOOM is using them for installations. If Installs, Inc. can't or won't improve their track record, then VOOM needs to find another source. And VOOM needs to determine where the lack of coordination originates and get it corrected by whatever means necessary. It's way too easy to let one party blame the other and leave the customer on the hook with a boatload of frustration!!

I've just fired off an email to VOOM because the coordination between VOOM and Installs has already started to go awry on my re-install. Apparently my "live talk" with Tiffany P. on 2/17 (where my appointment which had been scheduled for today was changed to 3/3 in order to accomodate my request for an antenna for a deep fringe area and the 24" dish) didn't make it to Installs, Inc.

Got a call from an installer at 10:30 today who was ready to come install the 18" dish and a small antennna. He seemed amiable, and acknowledged that the 18" dish and small antenna probably wouldn't cut it in my area, but was not aware of the reschedule. Tiffany P. assured me on 2/17 that she had sent an email to Installs regarding the upgrades and appointment change.

Will my email help get the situation rectified?? I don't know yet...but I hope so, for all our sakes. Vicki

Vicki said:
TYORK, I doubt there is anyone here who would fault your work and the outfit you work directly for. But he's right about too many of the other kind.

I, for one, fault VOOM as well as Installs, Inc. There is an obvious lack of coordination between the two in addition to the individual technician problems. And VOOM should know by now that the have to get this situation turned around.

Installs, Inc. needs to look to your area and take note of how things should be handled, and VOOM needs to insure that Installs, Inc. does just that everywhere in the country where VOOM is using them for installations. If Installs, Inc. can't or won't improve their track record, then VOOM needs to find another source. And VOOM needs to determine where the lack of coordination originates and get it corrected by whatever means necessary. It's way too easy to let one party blame the other and leave the customer on the hook with a boatload of frustration!!

I've just fired off an email to VOOM because the coordination between VOOM and Installs has already started to go awry on my re-install. Apparently my "live talk" with Tiffany P. on 2/17 (where my appointment which had been scheduled for today was changed to 3/3 in order to accomodate my request for an antenna for a deep fringe area and the 24" dish) didn't make it to Installs, Inc.

Got a call from an installer at 10:30 today who was ready to come install the 18" dish and a small antennna. He seemed amiable, and acknowledged that the 18" dish and small antenna probably wouldn't cut it in my area, but was not aware of the reschedule. Tiffany P. assured me on 2/17 that she had sent an email to Installs regarding the upgrades and appointment change.

Will my email help get the situation rectified?? I don't know yet...but I hope so, for all our sakes. Vicki

i hope you get things work out Vic stay on them.

My understanding is that Voom is trying to manage their own installations as a test in Florida. I suspect that if it works out they'll cut INSTALLSinc out altogether.

greyghost said:
My understanding is that Voom is trying to manage their own installations as a test in Florida. I suspect that if it works out they'll cut INSTALLSinc out altogether.

and from what i here they are still having the same problem there.

What I see here is a flaw in our culture.
For decades and decades the technical crafts have not been respected. Schools have shut down vocational programs, on the premise that any kid that does not go on to college and an office job is a failure. Now we pay the price. If society in general does not value ones work, then how can we expect the worker to take pride in his work? Kudos to those that do take pride in their craft inspite of the social stigma attached to even knowing the difference between a phillips screwdriver and a vodka screwdriver, or even having any idea where the jack is in you car or what an oil dipstick is. I wonder how many "humanities" graduates would ever be able to grasp even the fundametals of a spectrum analyzer. In our skewed social values it seems more honorable to be a college graduate flipping burgers that a skilled technician working on modern complex systems! ARRRRGHHHH!!

When I was young I hated cynics, now I are one!!

Tony N

Tony N said:
What I see here is a flaw in our culture.
For decades and decades the technical crafts have not been respected. Schools have shut down vocational programs, on the premise that any kid that does not go on to college and an office job is a failure. Now we pay the price. If society in general does not value ones work, then how can we expect the worker to take pride in his work? Kudos to those that do take pride in their craft inspite of the social stigma attached to even knowing the difference between a phillips screwdriver and a vodka screwdriver, or even having any idea where the jack is in you car or what an oil dipstick is. I wonder how many "humanities" graduates would ever be able to grasp even the fundametals of a spectrum analyzer. In our skewed social values it seems more honorable to be a college graduate flipping burgers that a skilled technician working on modern complex systems! ARRRRGHHHH!!

When I was young I hated cynics, now I are one!!

Tony N

Ok after reading all of that i a have to say on thing I do take pride and my work and i am not a college grad.

TYORK Amen to that

I am not a college grad either. I am a network engineer and very good at what I do. I am not trying to be arrogant or prideful. I just take pride in doing a good job. It is too bad that so many do just enough to get by and look for a free ride. I here so many great things about you and widh you did installs in the Chicago area. I would put in a request for you if you did. I have received customers bt word of mouth many times. Have a great one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)