Missing Channels in Coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
I have a fixed dish setup for IA5. Quality level is 89 to 91% in Coolsat. I am not able to get ASC Xtra and MHz channels while I am able to get all other free channels on the same TP. (11929 V, 22000). I tried blind, auto, manual and PID scan in vain. How do I add these two channels?

Setup:
30" Fixed Dish, Geosat Pro 0.4dB Standard LNBF, Coolsat 5000 Platinum reciever

I wonder if maybe they went scrambled?

for a PID scan, it would be the following
ASC has 2660/2620/2660 (video/audio/PCR)
MHZ 2960/2920/2960

I think MHZ may be off the air right now...It was a promo station

I'll check mine later today once I get home to see. I know I had that MHZ promo in mine because it was English :)

I checked with my Traxis receiver and it is working fine. Tried PID scan on coolsat, still those 2 channels not popping up!

same frequencies as what the Traxis shows?

have you scanned the transponder with "all" instead of free?

Yes Ice! Same frequencies as Traxis shows and I selected all and I get few scrambled channels in Coolsat in same frequency, but these 2 free channels are missing!
(In Traxis quality level is at 75% and Coolsat at ~90%)

Thanks!

weird....let me check when I get home (hour and a half or so) and see on mine if they are there

Zero
bad news buddy...they're on my Coolsat 5000

I had MHZ on there...I deleted it and rescanned TP and I got MHZ and ASC Xtra with no issues. Had 10 channels total (I think ASC Flix was another)

Iceberg said:
Zero
bad news buddy...they're on my Coolsat 5000

I had MHZ on there...I deleted it and rescanned TP and I got MHZ and ASC Xtra with no issues. Had 10 channels total (I think ASC Flix was another)

what do you think is the issue with some people being able to get the channels after scan and other don't? I'm having same issue with the coolsat5K for IA5. Scan after scan some stations refuse to be detected on a particular transponder. Whether it's PID scan, manual scan,blind scan,etc...Can you give a definitive answer why that is?

To my badluck I had connencted LNB to "Loop out" and had all issues like this..:( I realised it just last week and now I get all FTA channels on IA5...:)

Zero said:
To my badluck I had connencted LNB to "Loop out" and had all issues like this..:( I realised it just last week and now I get all FTA channels on IA5...:)

Is "loop out" on the back of the coolsat5K? If you were connected to that would you even get any channels? What is the "loop out" connection for? So are you getting all the fta ones that were missing before? Should I check on that issue on my stb as well?

LOOP OUT is for hooking up to another receiver (SLAVE)

The downside being the SLAVE is always on the same polarity as the MASTER as its the master that kicks out the 13 or 18v to the LNBF!

I used to get all TPs with V polarity. I guess LNB was not getting 18V to switch to H polarity

mrtrance said:
Is "loop out" on the back of the coolsat5K? If you were connected to that would you even get any channels? What is the "loop out" connection for? So are you getting all the fta ones that were missing before? Should I check on that issue on my stb as well?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)