Mitsubishi HD1000U / HC1500, you gotta see one!

Got it this morning, also got a camper so do not have tiime to play with much. I replaced the X1 and hooked it up using the Vesa cable that went to the X1, fired it up with PC first. One word, Bright :D put on low lamp mode and checked out some Replay Mpegs, then a Dvd file in the PC, very impressive ( BSG ) then turned on the 921, One word, Awsome! and this is from Component going thru the Vesa adapter... I have the Colts vs Cowboy game on and it looks very good, glad I saved all the CBSHD programs on the 921 and the 622. I gotta work on the camper to get it ready to go camping in the morning so won't get to play with till dark...

Hd1000

I also have the X1 and want to upgrade to the HD1000 soon. I have one worry though, using keystone. I have a low ceiling and have my X1 tilted up and use keystone to correct image. I never noticed any image degredation with X1, but am wondering how the HD1000 will handle keystone. Can either of you check to see if using keystone degrades the image? Thanks in advance.

The keystone works well. There is also an item in the menu for screen shift, you can shift the image up about 6 inches. My ceiling is pretty low )7') but getting a slim mount and the screen shift eliminates the need to keystone.

Mine is pretty much level so no keystone is needed... I didn't realize how dim my 3000+ Hr Bulb on the X1 was...now its back outside till dark... ( I feel a late night in the HT room coming up ;)) btw in 16:9 mode picture is much bigger, have to find a tape and measure...

Hd1000

Thanks Digital Dude. Do you notice any change at all when using keystone? Does it matter if you use a little or a lot of keystone? I didn't realize the HD1000 had the image shift like the HD70 has. That will help me a little bit.

New lamp came today, 2 day FEDEX. It's been on for 2 hours so far and no hiccups yet.

Kudos to Misubishi on their fantastic support! I really don't mind that there was a problem (apparently) with the lamp, nothing is 100% when it comes to consumer electronics and thiis is exactly why support is so critical. Thank God the projector isn't a Sony or Toshiba.

At this point I'd put Mitsubishi at the top of the list of companies with excellent support, alongside BenQ, NEC, Klipsch, Epson, and Samsung.

Unfortunately with Christmas and New Years so close, what with family trips and all, the review is back burner til the New Year.

Hats off to Mitsubishi once again on their stellar support!

Ok Let me ask you all this. When you have one of these what do you have to do for all of the hookups? Such as your home theater surround and your sat receiver and dvd player. The inputs are limited correct? How do you manage it all?

Ok Let me ask you all this. When you have one of these what do you have to do for all of the hookups? Such as your home theater surround and your sat receiver and dvd player. The inputs are limited correct? How do you manage it all?

Connect a single HDMI cable (or component) from your audio receiver and connect everything else to the audio receiver and let it do the switching.

Or, go crazy buying Geffen switchers.

Exactly, to me it is by far the best way to setup, manage, provide a true home theater experience. Here is the back panel of my unit and you can see how everything will go in and your monitor out feeds video to your projector via a single cable; mine is nearly a 37' cable run, all hidden in the ceiling for a true theater look. Better units like this will also be able to take s-video inputs like VHS and output them through the same single component cable running to your projector. I would always recommend making sure you have that feature.

Attachments

• RXZ9.jpg
    RXZ9.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 155
For me I have a manual switch for inputs from living room ( 622 and 921 component right now and will change ) and another in PJ room with D* HD receiver, Replay and Dvd player. Also have Pc hooked to VGA port and optical in from Livingroom receivers ( have to manually switch now as well as the Component ) Can switch optical in to provide 5.1 from D*HD ... sounds complicated, but it's not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)