MLB 2012 Postseason

I wake up that early all the time on my own even though I don't have to wake up until 2 hours later. Haven't used an alarm in 20 years. Heck, today I slept in. I woke up at 5:30.

Yep, I usually sleep-in between 6-7 AM on the weekends. I woke up at 4:30 AM this morning because I fell asleep watching the game last night without visiting the rest room. Yep, whenever I have that dream about peeing from atop of Niagra Falls, I know it's time to get up. At least I was able to crawl back into the rack for another couples hours. Anyway, I hate getting up so early in the morning. I would rather much rather wake up at 6:00 AM. spend a few hours working out and getting ready (reading the newspapers as dad would say), and working from 10 - 7 PM. Oh well...someday, perhaps.

Yep, I usually sleep-in between 6-7 AM on the weekends. I woke up at 4:30 AM this morning because I fell asleep watching the game last night without visiting the rest room. Yep, whenever I have that dream about peeing from atop of Niagra Falls, I know it's time to get up. At least I was able to crawl back into the rack for another couples hours. Anyway, I hate getting up so early in the morning. I would rather much rather wake up at 6:00 AM. spend a few hours working out and getting ready (reading the newspapers as dad would say), and working from 10 - 7 PM. Oh well...someday, perhaps.
Yep. I get more done before before 10am than most people get done all day.

Jimbo said:
Looks like the yanks have changed thier mind, originally opting to throw Sabathia in game 4, back to game 3 against Verlander, making CC go on 3 days rest.

Looking at the pit5ching match ups listed on ESPN's site, theres an awful lot of "Undecided's" listed for NY.

So it looks like Sabatia and Pettete and pray for rain ?

I think that works to our advantage. CC is tough but if we have to go against him I'd much rather him be on 3 days rest and going against Verlander.

I think we have the better pitching for this series. Both offenses have been struggling in the postseason but both lineups have dangerous hitters who could wake up at any time. I'm taking Detroit in 6.

I think that works to our advantage. CC is tough but if we have to go against him I'd much rather him be on 3 days rest and going against Verlander.

I think we have the better pitching for this series. Both offenses have been struggling in the postseason but both lineups have dangerous hitters who could wake up at any time. I'm taking Detroit in 6.
I like your thinking :)

Offenses typically go somewhat dormant in the playoffs, they are going against Top pitching more often than during the season.

Just goes to show ya that Great pitching beats Great hitting.... normally.

San Fran is the only team left I really care about. If the series is NY or Detroit vs. St. Louis I am going into early hibernation.

I think (hope and pray) the Tigers are going to defeat the Yankees in six, and I am hoping the Giants can take care of the Cards because they, along with the Rangers, are the two teams I did not want to play in the postseason. We just don't watch up well against either teams. I have a ticket for Game 5 in Detroit (if I can get out of work), but I was hoping to the Tigers play in Baltimore and/or Washington. C'est la vie.

The Yankees park is built for lefty pull hitters. He might have trouble with the lefty pitcher tonight but I'm looking for him to have a big series.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was talking about Prince Fielder.

Last edited:
riffjim4069 said:
Yankee Stadium is unlike Comerica Park and I expect to see more homeruns hit. Go Tigers!

I forgot to mention that I was talking about Prince Fielder in that post. It makes more sense if I say who he is.

Quote of the night. The announcers just said Fister is much better when he gets wins. They said his ERA is better when he wins than when he loses. That's some powerful insight.

Always nice to see the GOOD things NFL players do

Report: NBC Universal front-runner US EPL television rights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)