MLB 2013 Season

How many games was Kemps streak ?

McCutchen IS a SuperStar, weather you want to believe it or not.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...notebook_id=31260420&vkey=notebook_la&c_id=la

Kemp has 2 silver sluggers, 2 gold gloves, and in 2011 led the league in HR, RBIs, Runs, Total Bases, and Slugging, and was second in stolen bases with 40, and second in average. McCutchen cannot come close to touching that; heck nobody can claim that type of year.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...notebook_id=31260420&vkey=notebook_la&c_id=la

Kemp has 2 silver sluggers, 2 gold gloves, and in 2011 led the league in HR, RBIs, Runs, Total Bases, and Slugging, and was second in stolen bases with 40, and second in average. McCutchen cannot come close to touching that; heck nobody can claim that type of year.

I have to agree here. I like McCutchen ALOT and hate the Dodgers(sorry Ski, from my days growing up as a Reds fan)...but when healthy, the best and most complete player in the NL and arguably in the entire MLB is Kemp. To me the only guy that comes close is the kid from the Angels.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No offense taken at all. No one should apologize for hating their teams rival. Heck, I hate the Giants.

I would never expect everyone to like the Dodgers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...92¬ebook_id=31260420&vkey=notebook_la&c_id=la

Seeing everyone seems to be putting a VERY High value to someone that can Steal bases, I suppose your right.

I havent looked it up yet, but would think that Cabreras numbers over the same time frame would be very close or better, outside of the SB's.

Trout hasn't been around long enough to be considered for the Best players list.
That said, this year is looking pretty good too to go along with last year.

I have to agree here. I like McCutchen ALOT and hate the Dodgers(sorry Ski, from my days growing up as a Reds fan)...but when healthy, the best and most complete player in the NL and arguably in the entire MLB is Kemp. To me the only guy that comes close is the kid from the Angels.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Joey Votto gives him a run for his money.

Seeing everyone seems to be putting a VERY High value to someone that can Steal bases, I suppose your right.

I havent looked it up yet, but would think that Cabreras numbers over the same time frame would be very close or better, outside of the SB's.

Trout hasn't been around long enough to be considered for the Best players list.
That said, this year is looking pretty good too to go along with last year.
Don't get me wrong. Cabrera is currently the best offensive player in baseball and could go down as one of the best in history.

But yes, high value on speed and defensive, along with the offense. Someone that has speed and defensive skills included with the power and average can add more runs and even save runs. There is a reason why Kemp also led the league in runs scored that year. Stealing and getting to second after a walk or a single gives him more scoring opportunities than just staying at 1st.

Is Cabrera in the top in all 5 categories? Few can claim that, including Cabrera.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that Kemp plays in a very pitcher friendly park and a very pitcher friendly division. SD, SF, and LA are three of the most offensively challenging stadiums, particularly for HRs. He plays over 100 games of the year in those three stadiums alone.

Also keep in mind that Kemp plays in a very pitcher friendly park and a very pitcher friendly division. SD, SF, and LA are three of the most offensively challenging stadiums, particularly for HRs. He plays over 100 games of the year in those three stadiums alone.

I would like to see the numbers side by side of GAB and Dodger Stadium. Right now I can't look them up due to sports sites blocked at work.

I would like to see the numbers side by side of GAB and Dodger Stadium. Right now I can't look them up due to sports sites blocked at work.
If you are talking about dimensions, that is not relevant. The reason why the west coast stadiums are pitcher friendly is not because of the size of the stadium, it is because the ball simply does not carry at all. Every MLB hitter will tell you that Dodgers stadium is the worst for ball carry. It is due to that big cold body of water known as the Pacific Ocean that brings in that heavy, cool, and damp marine air. Of course their pitching stats prove that year after year as well.

The fact is, SF, SD, and LA are much more pitcher friendly parks than Great American Ballpark.

I was just going to post that. The Sox had an amazing comeback. An exciting game to watch.

Just watched the NESN replay. Not taking anything away, but like with most comebacks the teams usually get a little assistance. If it wasn't for the ball 3 call to Gomes, which was actually strike 3, and the mistake made by Robby Thompson calling in the wrong pitcher, this comeback may not have happened.

One other factor that makes some ballparks pitcher friendly is the amount of foul territory. Fenway Park has very little, so most foul pops there wind up in the stands, whereas in the Dodgers and Athletics stadiums, many more of them are catchable.

Last edited:
..But yes, high value on speed and defensive, along with the offense. Someone that has speed and defensive skills included with the power and average can add more runs .... There is a reason why Kemp also led the league in runs scored that year. Stealing and getting to second after a walk or a single gives him more scoring opportunities than just staying at 1st.

As a base "runner", Wade Boggs used to believe that a base hit was a hit that advanced each and every baserunner exactly one base. I remember when the Red Sox had to win a game they were playing against Toronto, probably in 1990, Boggs got on first and I said it was going to take three singles to bring him home, and it did. And I mean, when he sauntered into second, he just walked to a stop on the bag, even though the hit that was moving him was to right field.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. Cabrera is currently the best offensive player in baseball and could go down as one of the best in history.

But yes, high value on speed and defensive, along with the offense. Someone that has speed and defensive skills included with the power and average can add more runs and even save runs. There is a reason why Kemp also led the league in runs scored that year. Stealing and getting to second after a walk or a single gives him more scoring opportunities than just staying at 1st.

Is Cabrera in the top in all 5 categories? Few can claim that, including Cabrera.

Cabrera doesn't have to steal bases, he hits doubles and HR's.

Btw, you still won't give Cabrera any credit defensively, your not the only one, but he's MUCH better Defensively than most think.

Ummm, Comerica is probably even BIGGER.

If you are talking about dimensions, that is not relevant. The reason why the west coast stadiums are pitcher friendly is not because of the size of the stadium, it is because the ball simply does not carry at all. Every MLB hitter will tell you that Dodgers stadium is the worst for ball carry. It is due to that big cold body of water known as the Pacific Ocean that brings in that heavy, cool, and damp marine air. Of course their pitching stats prove that year after year as well.

The fact is, SF, SD, and LA are much more pitcher friendly parks than Great American Ballpark.

Hmmm, Bonds didn't have any problem ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)