MLB 2013 Season

I can't believe it isn't until late June when the Reds and Dodgers first meet. During the 70s these two were huge rivals.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Remember it well too. Huge rivals. They would play 18 times a year and would go to each others park three times. I have good memories of staying up late and listening to those late night games in LA.

At least for one night the Reds cool down the Dodgers. Reds are finally starting to hit well. But probably won't hit tonight against Kershaw. At least I can stay up tonight and watch this one.

Cry me a river. :D I couldn't even watch the first pitch.

Same here. I even tried to DVR the game from the free EI preview and it was cutoff after an hour and nineteen minutes. I'll have to try to watch some of if off MLBTV.

Just wait until Ludwick, Broxton, Marshall, and Hannigan come off the DL. They should get even better.

Late starting ?

The game didn't START over here till after 10pm ...
Exactly. It ended here after 10.

I like it when they play on the east coast and the games end here at 7. It gives me a couple of ours to unwind before I go to bed. 10pm is way too late for us very early morning guys.

It is 7:30 am now and I just got back from cycling 50 miles here in the mountains. My afternoon will be starting soon.

Remember it well too. Huge rivals. They would play 18 times a year and would go to each others park three times. I have good memories of staying up late and listening to those late night games in LA.

At least for one night the Reds cool down the Dodgers. Reds are finally starting to hit well. But probably won't hit tonight against Kershaw. At least I can stay up tonight and watch this one.
The Big Red Machine vs the awesome Dodger pitching staff and that great infield. It seemed like they were alternating division titles each year.

But, the Dodgers never score for Kershaw.

Even though Greinke pitched awful last night giving up 4 runs in only seven innings, the Dodgers had chances to score and either hit in bad luck with hard hit line drive outs, or simply did not hit at all. Latos simply out pitched him.

Oh yeah, and Mr. "Anti-clutch" drove in the only two runs for them.

If thats the case, MLB EI is useless, isn't that for watching the out of market games like the NFL ST is ?

Yes. Out of market is the key. You cannot watch the opposing feed of the in market game. On ST there is only one feed. Your in market game is shown locally in both NFL and MLB

Should be a good pitching match tonight. Kershaw vs. Bailey

Just wait until Ludwick, Broxton, Marshall, and Hannigan come off the DL. They should get even better.

I'm not really counting on any of them. Guys like Ludwick that have had shoulder surgery take a long time to get back to normal, if they ever do. Marshall keeps having setbacks. He had another the other day. I've not heard much about Broxton which usually isn't a good sign. As long as Mesoraco keeps hitting I'm fine with him getting the majority of playing time. Hanigan also had a setback the other day too. I'm hoping Cueto can comeback in September. That could be a huge lift if he can. Really with all the injuries the Reds have had they have done extremely well. Not many teams can lose their 4 hitter,ace of the pitching staff and two of the main guns out of the pen and still be 15 games over .500.

I'm not really counting on any of them. Guys like Ludwick that have had shoulder surgery take a long time to get back to normal, if they ever do. Marshall keeps having setbacks. He had another the other day. I've not heard much about Broxton which usually isn't a good sign. As long as Mesoraco keeps hitting I'm fine with him getting the majority of playing time. Hanigan also had a setback the other day too. I'm hoping Cueto can comeback in September. That could be a huge lift if he can. Really with all the injuries the Reds have had they have done extremely well. Not many teams can lose their 4 hitter,ace of the pitching staff and two of the main guns out of the pen and still be 15 games over .500.

How could I have forgotten Cueto? Guess since Cingrani is pitching so good it is easy to do. LOL

i think ludwick is real close to a rehab game. broxton may be getting close. not counting on cueto being back this season. afraid he has a serious injury. would love to see the reds do a blockbuster trade but doubt walt would pull the trigger!

Yes. Out of market is the key. You cannot watch the opposing feed of the in market game. On ST there is only one feed. Your in market game is shown locally in both NFL and MLB

So, that means if I want to watch the Reds and listen to Vin, I can't, correct ?

I agree about Beckett. I have now idea why he turned into such a Debby Downer. But again, at least he has won something, and has done it on the biggest stage ('03 and '07). The opposite is true with Gonzalez.

Beckett has always been a douche bag. When you are winning they say things like "he's a real competitor". When you are losing they say things like "he's a real douche bag"! :) Look at A J Pierzynski. His teammates love him, everybody else hates him.

If the first inning is any indication, Kershaw doesn't have it today. Hopefully he can get by

Bailey pitched 7 innings giving up 2 runs, all on a 2 run HR by Hanley.
7 IP
1 BB
5 Ks
7 hits
2 ER

Kershaw pitched just OK. He really didn't have it. Made too many pitches, 114. He ended up pitching 8 innings giving up 1 run, 8Ks, and no walks.
8 IP
0 BB
8 Ks
6 hits
1 ER

Kershaw barley out-pitched someone with an ERA 3 times his. Now it will be left to the bullpens.

Like I said, the Dodgers never give Kershaw any run support.

Ryu pitches tomorrow. He always seems to get a lot of run support no matter who he faces.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts