MLB Extra Innings AND Fox Sports??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually MLB and Sports Pack...but we are not talking about HD here...just MLB games. The HD games for D* are mostly coming from ESPN.

I originally had the Sports Pac, then added MLB Extra Innings. I figured that having the Sports Pack was just duplicating MLB so I cancelled Sports Pack. Now I don't get much local market baseball games. Guess I was wrong. I'll have to re-add the SP.

MLB EI is for out of market games, Sports Pack are for regional games, ESPN for the national coverage and if its not there and its on your locals you have to watch them there.

Thats the order the blackout goes in, just reversed... Local, National, Regional channel (RSN), MLB-EI.

You can't get a yankee game off the NY RSN (YES) because they only have the rights to show the game in their region for example. Same goes for their HD simulcast.

And then sometimes a local/national channel will have the rights to multiple games and you will be unable to watch any of them on RSN or MLB-EI (only the one they decide to broadcase on the local/national channel) because D* has been instructed to black them out in your area, and you then miss it completely.

MLB Blackouts suck, looking forward to football season where everything is much simpler.

"You can't get a yankee game off the NY RSN (YES) because they only have the rights to show the game in their region for example. Same goes for their HD simulcast."

I watch most every yankee game on ch 622(YES). The EI package gets you the out of market games in SD only though. The only YES games that are blacked out for me are the ones involving my home team (Mariners).

I agree that MLB blackouts suck though--I'd love to get the HD feed of YES & the other MLB games in HD on ch 95. Although, at least we in the NW can now watch 40 M's games in HD on ch 95.

Baldone - you are lucky then.

Being subscribed to the Sports Pack does not bypass blackout rules whatsoever. You get access to the channels themselves and the regular programming, but not the games. The games are blacked out unless you live in that area.

If you are getting the games on YES somehow, you are lucky and I would never call DTV to make changes to my account at all for fear of losing whatever mistake they made.

If you want to watch any out of market games (basically any team outside of your area) you have to get the sports subscription for that team, in this case, MLBEI. MLBEI essentially gives you what the sports pack does not - the games.

Boondock - you should get your RSN , if you have the sports pack or not. Its part of all the Total Choice packages. If you live in an area that has several teams, you may want to check the RSNa channels.

Places like Texas have several teams that all show on Fox Sports Southwest - however this is only one channel, channel 643. Since there are so many teams, they have set up Alternatives to show each area its team. The Astros and the Rangers may both be playing at the same time on FSSW, however one game will be on 643 and one will be on an RSNa, such as 646 or 648. Check your guide for the alternatives to see where they are and I'll bet you find your 'missing' games.

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
If you want to watch any out of market games (basically any team outside of your area) you have to get the sports subscription for that team, in this case, MLBEI. MLBEI essentially gives you what the sports pack does not - the games.

NOT in all instances...

In my area, we have 2 overlapping RSN's for LOCAL sports. CSN Chicago is the RSN that comes with the basic packages on DBS. BUT, our other RSN is Fox Midwest - but you HAVE to get the sports pak/multisports to get it. Getting EI will NOT get you the Cards in my area, as it is considered "in market" - you must get SP/MS.

EVERY local cable system in our area carries BOTH RSN's as well...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I need some information

Just got Dtv installed, but received DSR708??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts