MLB...Looking forward to it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anyone know why the NBA channel is not in the 212-220 grouping and why you have to have the Sports Pack to have it? Seems out of place to me.
The answer to your first question is because of your second question. The channels that are part of the sports package are in the higher channel numbers.

As to why it is part of the sports pack and not a lower tier package...I don't know. Probably has to do with the contract between D and the NBA.

Does anyone know why the NBA channel is not in the 212-220 grouping and why you have to have the Sports Pack to have it? Seems out of place to me.

thats exactly what I was about to ask. it doesnt have anything to offer. it doesnt have game exclusivity, it barely has any original programming, it shows their Gametime show around the clock, it doesnt simulcast any live games that arent available in the U.S. like NHLN does with Hockey Night in Canada, it doesnt re-air recent games like NFL Network does. so what is so special that its worth the extra money:confused:

WELCOME to Satguys.

Originally it was placed in the 600's because it requires the sports pack.

When NFL and NHL launched their station and got an agreement with the regular packages, they were put in the 210's by ESPN.

Hopefully someday the NBA will restructure their agreement with DirecTV and get the NBATV onto a regular package.

WELCOME to Satguys.

Originally it was placed in the 600's because it requires the sports pack.

When NFL and NHL launched their station and got an agreement with the regular packages, they were put in the 210's by ESPN.

Hopefully someday the NBA will restructure their agreement with DirecTV and get the NBATV onto a regular package.

well that didnt answer anything Jason. they just turned our questions into statements.

I might not be home for the launch. I assume there is no way to record this either since the channel is not yet in the guide.

Ok guys. Give me an update on what is showing and how it looks. My TV that is on my Direct system will not be here until Monday.

Normally, when D* adds a channel it goes live around 6 am.
Seeing we know it's going live at 6PM this time, it probably showed up in the guide at 6am.
I was not up at that time this morning, but as others have mentioned, it's in the guide now, so for those that want to record the beginning, you can now set it to record at 6 PM !

Jimbo

It has stretched crap on the HD channel. Hopefully they don't do this when it goes live. If they do, I am going to be pissed.

Oh yea baby. Made the switch from Dish about a month ago. Simply because of Charlie's B.S. and doing nothing for the baseball fans. Thank you DirecTV and MLB!!!!

It looks good here as well. But some of the classic clips are definitely stretched. Look at the Gibson interview in one clip and he is stretched as well as the classic HR's they show (Carter, Gibson, Ozzy, ex). They are ALL stretched. All I am saying is that if they stretch the original 4:3 material instead of pillar boxing it, there will be a lot of unhappy subs. Wait for today's classic game of Larson's Perfect game to see how they show the format. The loop may not be how they normally will be showing the original 4:3 stuff.

Looks great to me this will become one of my fav channels.....Plus a new HD channel now only if we can get WGN. Go CUBS!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)