MLB...Looking forward to it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My wife is getting upset at me because I have had this channel on for three hours straight showing the same clips over and over.

I told here it is only 3 more hours of this repetition before the real programming starts. Of course, then the Rose Bowl will have started. I will have to flip back and forth.

Told her I will flip back and forth and she said, "We are watching the Rose Bowl. You can record off season baseball and watch it later." :(

New to the forum everyone! Love the site! I was excited to hear that MLB Network would be starting on Jan 1st, but I come to find out that Directv did not add this channel to it's spanish "Directv Mas" package. I don't want to have to choose between Fox Sports en Espanol and ESPN Deportes and MLB. Why would MLB & Directv leave such a huge fan base out! The Latino community (especially in L.A.) loves baseball. This is ridiculous. Looks like I'll be missing out on Don Larsen's perfect game! Directv wise up and put this channel on Directv Mas.

Yeah NFL Network, NHL and Versus/Golf. Not NBA TV. Just with the huge latin fan base I don't get why Directv would exclude MLB. Seems very weird.
NBA is part of a higher tier package anyway. Since NFL, NHL, and Golf are part of that package, it does seem weird that they would leave the MLB channel out. Especially since MLB is huge in the Mexican community, second to only soccer.

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. I wonder if Directv suits come into this forum and if they do... You guys made a huge blunder not putting this channel on Directv Mas.. If I choose to switch to an English only package I lose Fox Sports en Espanol and ESPN Deportes which I don't want to do. You would think that MLB would be on the premier spanish package and that one does include NBA TV as well.

This was their response:

Response (DIRECTV) - 01/01/2009 02:35 PM
Dear Mr.,

We thank you for your recent correspondence. Although we do not currently offer the MLB Network channel in our MAS programming packages, we would like you to know that we take our customer’s feedback into consideration when making programming changes. Your request has been forwarded to management.

At DIRECTV we strive to provide the finest in satellite television entertainment and outstanding customer service. If you have any additional concerns, please contact us at 1-800-445-2180 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 8:30 PM MT.

Sincerely,

Rachel
DIRECTV Customer Advocate Team

Just tuned in to the MLB Network channel on 213. I really like it and I look forward to taping Ken Burn's Baseball on Tuesday nights. I see where Victor Rojas is on the Hot Stove report. I hope he continues to do Texas Ranger's baseball on KRLD radio. Go Rangers!

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. I wonder if Directv suits come into this forum and if they do... You guys made a huge blunder not putting this channel on Directv Mas.. If I choose to switch to an English only package I lose Fox Sports en Espanol and ESPN Deportes which I don't want to do. You would think that MLB would be on the premier spanish package and that one does include NBA TV as well.

Call Directv and complain. More that complain, the more likely they'll add it to mas. I am Sorry that you can't get it. Your sure missing out!

Nice to see they are not using stretch-o-vision. I like those brick pillar bars. Excellent and colorful touch.

Call Directv and complain. More that complain, the more likely they'll add it to mas. I am Sorry that you can't get it. Your sure missing out!

Thanks for the advice I'm going to do that. I know it sounds great from all the posts on here. I would have loved to have seen that Don Larsen 56 Series game. Oh Well! :( Directv really dissapointed me this time.

My only complaint thus far is Costas. Don't really care for him too much.

I was going to post this as well this morning...Just something about him bugs me, when he talks its like he is talking down to you

Status
Please reply by conversation.