More BD releases in Feb then HD-DVD all 2007?

There are rumors about a Black XBox360 coming out with a 120 GB hard drive and an HDMI output.... Still no confirmation, but they need to o something to maintain their market share in the next gen wars.... On the really bright side, Halo 3 is now 9 months away. They'll sell another 2 million consoles on that title alone....

I wish they would have done this from the get go!

I think there may be overestimation of the console selling power of Halo. It worked great for the original Xbox which was an unknown entity until Halo. But how many Halo fans are out there that are waiting 2 years to buy a next-gen console simply because Halo 3 isn't out?

Well, this household for one. I don't game anymore but my kids do. I've been able to hold off the 360 update because they can't tell me the killer app that requires a 360. Halo 3 will probably force the upgrade, and hopefully the price will drop by then.

There ya go.....

Rumors afoot that the price cut will be just before the Christmas season which is when Halo 3 comes out....

Killer one two punch... Price drop followed by Halo 3.....

BTW, it was announced that PS3 lost ANOTHER exclusive. Unreal Tournament to be on multiple platforms.... PS2 may still be selling well, but PS3 is losing some mojo.... What killer game is gonna pull them in?

Is anyone else having an issue with this poorly titled thread?

2007 is < 2 months old and in February Blu-ray is going to release 300+ titles? Wow, that's quite an accomplishment and hat's off to all the people that are obviously working 3 days for each calendar day.

I'm guessing what is really meant is that in February more Blu-ray titles are going to be released than HD-DVD for the year so far.

Since neither side is in high gear that's not saying much.

Cheers,

John, please notice that I said that I did not agree with the post from Engadgets as written but I undersand the logic. Listing Name and Date releases from the BD camp for February came up with more Name and Date releases then the same from the HD-DVD camp for the whole year.

While we all know that there will be signifcantly more releases from the HD-DVD camp thru XMAS of 07 what has been reported up till now of Name and Date releases shows BD delivering a significant number of titles over HD-DVD. That is all that this thread is about. Or -- it could be leading up to some movement from Universal on the stand not to support BD??

Well, I picked up Corpse Bride and Ice Age: The Meltdown in BD on my way home from work. I can't say the folks were beating down the doors for either format since I was the only one in the isle while I was there. However, it was nice to see new titles being released in either format. I am always amazed at how my "kids" drive our media collection.

PR: Consumers Overwhelmingly Choose “Blu”

Ten layer discs for both formats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts