More Slingbox Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

907arcticcat

Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
North of Center
I was all set to order Dish as I didn't think Direct was capable of "Sling", but reading a few threads proves I'm wrong. With Direct, am I able to watch live t.v., record to DVR and also watch recorded content? Reading the Dish website implies Direct has limitations with Sling, but maybe that's just marketing! Just for reference, I'm only planning on a one room install with HD DVR (24) receiver. All I care about is watching remote on my iPad 2 and maybe my smartphone. All help is appreciated!

You can do with Directv, most anything you can do with Dish Network when it comes to Sling. Edit: to be more specific, yes, you can do everything that you asked using Directv with a slingbox

Dish network simply has (in some cases and keeping it simple) an in box solution (again on some receivers, maybe only one), and with Directv you would need to buy the external sling box. I have one and it works great.

Be sure that you have sufficient upload bandwidth with your internet connection to justify getting one however, and be aware that the slingbox app for most mobile devices runs $30.

No problem. Glad to help.
Enjoy it, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Im sure someone here will have the answer to most anything you can think up about sat tech.

I have direct and slingbox as well. I did also pay for the app for my iPhone

I have been using one of the original Slingbox units on one of my D* DVR's since 2006 and it has worked great. I also have apps for the iPhone/iPad. At times, I will receive a message stating that my slingbox is not supported by these apps, but it works perfect for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Former subscriber discount?

Signal problems in an mdu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)