Retention? More like rejection!

After 25-plus years with Directv, I am now a cord (airwave) cutter. They wanted to reduce the bill, but I said no. Thank you for all the information on the DirecTV forum.

Reactions: John2021
After 25-plus years with Directv, I am now a cord (airwave) cutter. They wanted to reduce the bill, but I said no. Thank you for all the information on the DirecTV forum.

So much free stuff to watch with just a OTA antenna and a ROKU. Even better with a PLEX server with tuner connected to your OTA antenna.

Reactions: John2021
I called to disconnect from Directv yesterday. They offered me $80/month off the Select package for 12 months, but I had already decided to go totally streaming. I may sign on with YouTube TV after a while, but between OTA, Hulu and Prime, I'm not missing much. They also offered free Sunday Ticket for the rest of the season.

I called to disconnect from Directv yesterday. They offered me $80/month off the Select package for 12 months, but I had already decided to go totally streaming. I may sign on with YouTube TV after a while, but between OTA, Hulu and Prime, I'm not missing much. They also offered free Sunday Ticket for the rest of the season.
Welcome.

i was told when i canceled last week i could get over $70/month off
but due to the lack of new equipment and the horrible hs17 headless unit. i declined

but due to the lack of new equipment and the horrible hs17 headless unit. i declined
Geez, they sound desperate to keep subscribers.

strange, i just called the other day and they were friendly as ever and gave me half off NBA LP !

i still say D* has amazing customer server , much better they the horrific cable broadband company. they are garbage to deal with.

yea ive gotten that for like the past 4 or 5 years another great reason i stick with D*

great discounts, 4K , friendly customer service ! and sports !

The full price of Select is $94 a month. How could they possibly discount it down to $14 a month? It would be foolish to turn down an offer like that. Something doesn't add up.

The full price of Select is $94 a month. How could they possibly discount it down to $14 a month? It would be foolish to turn down an offer like that. Something doesn't add up.

For about a year my bill was around 15 dollars a month even with premier because I was getting $200+ discounts a month. This was around 2017. They were giving discounts left and right back then. It’s a lot harder now a days.

For about a year my bill was around 15 dollars a month even with premier because I was getting $200+ discounts a month. This was around 2017. They were giving discounts left and right back then. It’s a lot harder now a days.
Its a shame they didn't take care of their long time subs like that ... (I don't know how long you've been there, but thats the way its been for a long time, once your 2 year commitment is done ...)

picked a random bill... Aug 2019 (I think this was during the NExstar dispute)

1666196389291.png

Reactions: Jimbo
also found a random Verizon (bundled ) bill from March 2010 and that had over $50 in credits from D*

just call them, be nice, and ask for promos. im sure there's a bigger thread on DBSTALK with the numbers to call !