Motor Change Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
I've about given up on the SG2100 and ordered a 9120 which should be here in a couple days. What will I need to do to my receiver (Mercury II ) to set up the new motor? Do I clear things out and start from scratch? I have always used Diseqc as the motor was off a few degrees with USALS, which seems to be what most here use, so do I try USALS first?

for best results use usals to get close and then use diseqc 1.2 to save the position. if you had used the low positions (eg. 1-30ish) in your previous setup, you will need to overwrite the prestored positions some motors come with. simply resave the tweaked position after you aim and cable up the new motor.

crackt out,.

if USALS does not aim your dish properly at the satellite you have selected then that means your motor is not aimed correctly.....

It has always tracked the arc fine, if my aim was off it wouldn't, right?

if the motor aim is only slightly off then its possible to still pickup the entire arc....your signal quality will just be a bit lower than it could be or should be....

New Motor Installed!

The 9120 arrived Thursday. It was finally not raining today so I decided to get it installed. I had already decided I would try using the VisionSat with the motor as I would like to try recording with it. I was hoping the motor would bolt right up to the 2100 bracket so I would still be aimed at my true south, but the 9120 is a different animal. So I mount it to the pole and attach the ChannelMaster 90cm with the modified mount - the tube on the new motor had holes in the same places - but, the holes are bigger, so I couldn't get it lined up right. So I dug out the 90cm Fortec Star dish and attached it to the motor. After about a half hour of trying to get signal, I grabbed a circular lnb, and found 82, 91, 101, 110, and 119 and discovered I had LOS for 61! This was all after finding that the degree marks are way off on the dish mount. I then swapped lnbs back, and got the arc in from 72 to 123. I even got some extra channels that just wouldn't come in with the old setup, so it was a good day, even though I was about froze before I got done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts