Mover connection question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello all. I have some mover connection questions. I will be moving into an older home at the end of September that will need cabling for DTV. How many runs will the installer install for free and will it be a single wire install? I have 2 DVRs (HR20-700s) 1 H20-100 and 2 D11s. Will those support the whole home DVR and what are the chances of me being eligible for receiver upgrades? I have been a customer since 1999 and have had Sunday ticket since 2001.

thanks!

i just moved recently. i had one hr24 and wanted to add one. the upgrade/add-on was free. they also threw in sunday ticket for free. can't help you with your cabling questions.

You may get either a smart installer and they'll swap the D11's for D12's and do a SWM set up or you may get one that just installs it as is. Directv may also ask if you want whole home a have system swaps on the H20 and D11's then you'll get a SWM install that way. It's hard telling. As for installing, you get up to 4 for free but I've seen 6,7,8 all done for free too so who really knows ;)

Don't get so excited about what they offer you. Once the season starts they will jerk you around with turning it off/on until you just give up. I've been battling with them for over a year about their mover connection offer that I received last year. In short, they failed to live up to any of it. A year of being nice and trying to work with them later they are now going to start getting nasty emails, calls, and lawsuits until they live up to their end of the deal.

That will get you nowhere. Check my response to your other post about the same matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)