Moving a reciever to another room

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ToddFLA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
North Florida
I've searched this topic and it took me back to a thread that didnt quite answer my question:

I want to move an HD-DVR - HR22-100 from the garage to the master bedroom. We have had a DirecTV reciever in the master bedroom before but had it removed several months ago and want to move what we have in the garage to the bedroom. Would I need DirecTV to send someone out to complete this issue?

Thanks,
Todd

I've searched this topic and it took me back to a thread that didnt quite answer my question:

I want to move an HD-DVR - HR22-100 from the garage to the master bedroom. We have had a DirecTV reciever in the master bedroom before but had it removed several months ago and want to move what we have in the garage to the bedroom. Would I need DirecTV to send someone out to complete this issue?

Thanks,
Todd

Not necessarily. Was the prior receiver a DVR? If so then there should be no problem. The receiver is easy enough to move, but to get full functionality, you'll need two inputs, or a SWM system.

Thanks,
Todd

If you already have a sat feed to the bedroom then NO you don't need them out there, just swap it out.

If the one you had in the bedroom already only had 1 coax feed then you might want to run another line, so the HD DVR will work correctly.
The HD DVR will work properly, but you won't be able to record something other than what is being watched, unless you have a single line SWM dish set up, that is the newest out there, so if your set up isn't fairly new, you'll want to get a second line to use the full features of the DVR.

Sorry Hookem,
We posted at the same time. :)

No problem, I figured some one would beat me. BTW, going to the Rose Bowl this year? Maybe we can meet up, since we'll be there for the National Championship game! ;):D

Just realized the OP is from Florida, wonder if he is a Gator fan?

No problem, I figured some one would beat me. BTW, going to the Rose Bowl this year? Maybe we can meet up, since we'll be there for the National Championship game! ;):D

Just realized the OP is from Florida, wonder if he is a Gator fan?

Am I going to the Rose Bowl ?
No .....

Cannot afford the cost of the trip, I have other vacation plans in Texas in Feb.

Sweet! If you happen through Austin, give me a ring! :)
(I can't afford to go to CA either)

I will be changing planes at the Dallas airport on my way to San Antonio for a few days and then driving to Brownsville for the rest of the week and a half, then fly from Brownsville back to Dallas and then to Detroit.

I will be changing planes at the Dallas airport on my way to San Antonio for a few days and then driving to Brownsville for the rest of the week and a half, then fly from Brownsville back to Dallas and then to Detroit.

Well at least it will be nice in Feb., not to hot! Enjoy your trip. Ill be rooting for the Bucks in the Rose Bowl!

My apologies to the OP for getting off topic! :)

Well at least it will be nice in Feb., not to hot! Enjoy your trip. Ill be rooting for the Bucks in the Rose Bowl!

My apologies to the OP for getting off topic! :)

Yes, It's not too hot at that time of year, although it was in the 90's for a day or two last year when I was down there.
Normally 70's - 80's then.
It sure beats 15-25* that it is up here.

Jimbo, enjoy your Texas trip! "Jeff from Dallas"

"Hookem", watch out....I'm a 'Horns fan myself but look out for that Big 12 game this Sat. We should win, but that A&M game was closer than the final score indicated.

Fla/'Bama....should be another great gm. For some reason, 'Bama seems to have problems in these types of games but who knows, maybe they can pull off an upset.

The aggies came to play that is for sure..... I think we will handle Nebraska with out incident, providing Muschamp has a talk with his defense. As for Fla/Bama, I am rooting for Bama, only because, I really don't want to play Fla. However, it would be great to beat Tebow, as I am not a fan.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts