Moving a super Joey to my workshop.

Offlimits

Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Louisiana
I am moving a super joey from my spare bedroom out to my workshop. I switched the short cable that was run to the super joey to a 100ft cable out to my work shop my problem is now my super joey wont link to my hopper the 100ft cable is a brand new CE TECH 18-Gauge RG-6 Quad Shielded Coaxial Cable. Any Ideas why my super joey wont link to my hopper?

I would try resetting the super joey & the hopper, if that doesn't work distance may be the issue.

Attachments

• cable length.JPG
    cable length.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 316
I have tried your suggestion and did a reset on the super joey and hopper but nothing changed it still wont link with the hopper. The total length of wire is less then 200 so I don't think it is a length issue. If anyone has any more suggestions I would be grateful.

My current setup as installed by the dish guy is similar to that I tried linking to a diagram I made of it but I cant upload it.

I have tried a different 75ft cable with no results. I have also switched back to the shorter cable and the SJ links up just fine when on the shorter cable.

Are the connectors pre-installed or are you putting them on ? No offense intended - I can't/don't install connectors myself (don't have the tool).

Did you try to run a check switch on your hopper ? I would think that you would still need to do that eventually, if you get your cable runs fixed.

Check switch came out all right everything is good there. Idk what else to try i am at my wits end here guess i will just keep it in the spare bedroom for now.

During initial installation, does the Hopper figure out the loss on the line to the Joeys which determines cable length? If so then maybe they are detecting a change on the installation and blocking the signal if it detects a change to prevent unauthorized use?

I solved my problem I moved the SJ to my bedroom and switched it for the joey that was there. I connected the cable run to my bed room to the integrator and switched my 100ft cable to the 3 way splitter. Everything works like a charm now. Thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate that yall took the time to respond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)