"Moving" Question--CT to FL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gs5150

Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I recently moved from CT (area code 06611) to FL. I am still operating under my old CT address here in FL with fine reception. I have a 3-LNB dish with two receivers: and HR10-250 and an H20. At my new address in FL I am still able to receive the CBSHD (New York); NBCHD (New York); ABCHD (New York); and FOXHD (New York) channels (channels 80,82,86,88). However, because I still have my old 3-LNB dish, I am unable to receive the most recently launched HD channels. In order to solve this I would like to upgrade to the 5-LNB Slimline dish but am not sure if it will work. I'd appreciate it if someone can answer the following questions for me to help me with my decision:

1) If I upgrade to the 5-LNB and keep my current receivers will I still be able to receive the CBSHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, and ABCHD (New York) channels that I get via the 3-LNB dish?
2) Will I be able to receive the most recently released HD channels along with the others that are due to come out before the end of the year?
3) As an avid Yankees fan I am unable to see the games broadcast in HD unless they are shown on channels 94 or 95. With an upgrade to the 5-LNB will I now be able to see YESHD (channel 622)?

Thanks for any assistance/advice you can provide.

Make up your mind which channels are more important. If you call D* for the free upgrade to the 5LNB dish you will have to change your address to the correct FL. address or they will attempt to do the upgrade at the CT address they have for you. You can't receive the NY channels at the FL. address.

I recently moved from CT (area code 06611) to FL. I am still operating under my old CT address here in FL with fine reception. I have a 3-LNB dish with two receivers: and HR10-250 and an H20. At my new address in FL I am still able to receive the CBSHD (New York); NBCHD (New York); ABCHD (New York); and FOXHD (New York) channels (channels 80,82,86,88). However, because I still have my old 3-LNB dish, I am unable to receive the most recently launched HD channels. In order to solve this I would like to upgrade to the 5-LNB Slimline dish but am not sure if it will work. I'd appreciate it if someone can answer the following questions for me to help me with my decision:

1) If I upgrade to the 5-LNB and keep my current receivers will I still be able to receive the CBSHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, and ABCHD (New York) channels that I get via the 3-LNB dish?
2) Will I be able to receive the most recently released HD channels along with the others that are due to come out before the end of the year?
3) As an avid Yankees fan I am unable to see the games broadcast in HD unless they are shown on channels 94 or 95. With an upgrade to the 5-LNB will I now be able to see YESHD (channel 622)?

Thanks for any assistance/advice you can provide.

Responses:
If you were to install the 5LNB yourself, or pay someone to do it without notifying D*, you could
1) continue to get the New York HD locals for as long as they continue to broadcast in MPEG2 nationally. If they go to MPEG4, the HR10 will no longer receive them. However, if you have a good OTA setup, the HR10 should receive and record your local OTA HD channels via the ATSC tuner.
2) Your H20 should be able to pick up the new MPEG4 channels, the HR10 will not.
3) I believe the RSN HD's are still being broadcast on spotbeams. You will not be able to pick up YES HD broadcast in this fashion in FL. I do not know if and when the RSN's will go to CONUS delivery.

I assume you have not hooked up your phone line, as that will give away your FL location to D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)