MT PBS switch to S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last night I tried them on the azbox and nothing....was so mad

Then I remembered (slaps head) that when I redid some of the dish farm this past week I unhooked the cable from the motorized dish that is "slaved" on the azbox so the only thing going to the azbox was my C-Band dish

little hard to pick up a signal when the cable isnt hooked up

Last night I tried them on the azbox and nothing....was so mad

Then I remembered (slaps head) that when I redid some of the dish farm this past week I unhooked the cable from the motorized dish that is "slaved" on the azbox so the only thing going to the azbox was my C-Band dish

little hard to pick up a signal when the cable isnt hooked up
Ice, what dish size are you getting this on? Using a Motorized 1.2M dish...........for some reason, my DVB world USB 2104D picks up the channel, but my AZBox Elite doesn't even display any quality much less lock the signal.:(

While playing around to get MT PBS suddendly I got 2 portugueses channels at 12112 V 8704 3/4 Dvb-S2 8psk that I have never seeying before. But MT nothing so far!

What would be the lowest cost thing Montana PBS could do to improve their S2 reception by those here who have lost them? Not that they would change anything.

While playing around to get MT PBS suddendly I got 2 portugueses channels at 12112 V 8704 3/4 Dvb-S2 8psk that I have never seeying before. But MT nothing so far!
Are you sure you're on the right bird? In addition to your Portuguese channels were able to get the 2 OETA channels?

Ice, what dish size are you getting this on? Using a Motorized 1.2M dish...........for some reason, my DVB world USB 2104D picks up the channel, but my AZBox Elite doesn't even display any quality much less lock the signal.:(

havent tried yet. The azbox wasnt hooked up to the KU dish right now

What would be the lowest cost thing Montana PBS could do to improve their S2 reception by those here who have lost them? Not that they would change anything.
They could switch back to their old signal! I know it's free, but it gets old when these programmers keep fixing stuff, that isn't broken! :mad:

Are you sure you're on the right bird? In addition to your Portuguese channels were able to get the 2 OETA channels?

Yes, I guess they are the 2 OETA channels, at the time I looked didn't understand the language and though it was portuguese, its coming with some pixelations, for sure its OETA. I can see the OETA HD news in the lower right corner of my screen right now eventhough the programation is barely watchable

by the way I see the PBS sign between the OETA and the HD words

I finally got Montana PBS, on my SatHawk receiver!! But I was thinking did they crank up the TX power on DVB-S2 mode?

The signal strenth, is bouncing around between 59 to 70% now that's show how wacky the DVB-S-2 mode is.:eek:

Now for the portuguese stations, I bet you it may be on G-13 and H-1 bird on 127* W, I will try to DX this signals!!:hungry:

Has anyone actually gotten this channel to come in on the AZBox Elite?

I know that my dish is plenty big, and I get everything else fine on that satellite.

Is it the AZBox Elite, or the firmware I'm using, or what?

I know that my dish is plenty big, and I get everything else fine on that satellite.

It has to be a firmware issue! :(

Not a whiff here, Fred.

Azbox Elite, 0.9.3501 fw.

I'm getting 53% on 12140 & 63% on 12180.

Cadsulfide said on the first page he is getting it on an AzBox, not sure what model he has.

I tried freqs of 12105 & 12106, SRs of 2396-8, QPSK & 8PSK, all FECs, pilot on and off.

The whole thing is a mystery. I get it fine with the Sathawk, and my Profs 7500 picks it up with Transedit just fine. The CS8000, which is usually reliable on manual scan doesn't have a clue. I'm guessing some non-standard implementation.
:(

Not a whiff here, Fred.

Azbox Elite, 0.9.3501 fw.

I'm getting 53% on 12140 & 63% on 12180.

Cadsulfide said on the first page he is getting it on an AzBox, not sure what model he has.

I tried freqs of 12105 & 12106, SRs of 2396-8, QPSK & 8PSK, all FECs, pilot on and off.

Nothing here either. I forget what fw version I am running, but it is pretty old. I don't try to keep up with it until they get something solid to upgrade to. :)

I don't remember reading earlier in the thread if someone actually posted the pilot on or off information.

I would try it on the my Diamond 9000, but to do that, I have to hit it with the serial cable, and unless you have all the parameters perfectly, the Diamond will not see it.

Quick Question:
In the Midwest, should I be able to pick up MT PBS with a Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver and a 36" Dish?..Havent caught a whiff of the new signal as yet..

No luck locking it with the Diamond 9000 either.

I tried it with Pilot On, and Pilot Off, but couldn't eve get a sniff of a signal.

It must be the low Symbol Rate.

Both the AZBox Elite, and the Diamond 9000 were able to lock the CWs on AMC6 after they went to S2, and I am certain that was because of low Symbol Rate. :(

If Cadsulfide reads this, I wish he would comment on how he got it with his AZBox. :)

I think its time to begin to look for a good DVB-S2 receiver. I'm seeying many muxes all over my sats doing the change to S2. To tell you the true I'm almost pretty sure we will see others doing the same. With my CS8000HD I'm able to pick a few but not all. Besides can't do S2 blindscanning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)