Music Player Coming To PS4???

I used to occasionally stream music from a computer to the 360 while I played multiplayer games like Halo. I don't really have any other use for it besides that. Now I get most of my music from a premium spotify subscription but as far as I know there is no spotify app on the PS4 or Xbox One yet. That doesn't really matter because I have other devices hooked to my sound system that do including the Onkyo AVR itself.

The only benefit I would get out of a built in music player on either console would be for background streaming while I play a game and the situations where I would actually want to do that are very limited.

Some people are going crazy over this. Personally I moved on from mp3s what seems like a decade ago now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What at did you move on to? FLAC or some other digital format? They are saying mp3 but it's likely that if they release a music player app it will support other music formats.

Is CD Player support implemented yet?

As far as I know it has not. I would bet that CD support will be included in this music player app too. I haven't tried since I did that test on launch day though so I'm not sure. I do have a huge collection of CDs in my basement but I doubt I have touched them for any player since I did that test. They have all been ripped to AAC on a computer for years and I play off my iPhone through bluetooth in the car.

Now that storage space is getting cheaper and I have a couple free 2TB external drives that used to be hooked to Dish DVRs I have been thinking about getting them all out and ripping to FLAC. Now that I actually have good enough audio equipment in my living room to hear the difference it could be worth the hassle of doing it disc by disc.

Grooveshark and then Spotify, don't pay for it though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The reason I pay for spotify is for offline listening. That way I can listen in my car without burning through my data cap. Premium is also required for a lot of home devices like my Onkyo AVR and I think the 360. I suppose I could get around that limitation by using airplay from my iPhone to Apple TV if I wanted to use the free version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The reason I pay for spotify is for offline listening. That way I can listen in my car without burning through my data cap. Premium is also required for a lot of home devices like my Onkyo AVR and I think the 360. I suppose I could get around that limitation by using airplay from my iPhone to Apple TV if I wanted to use the free version. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How much is the Spotify package that allows offline listening?

Found it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)