my 129? is annoying me

michaeltm99

Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
I know I'm not the only one getting this. I've had DN out on 4 seperate occassions to do work. The last techs actually got me a stronger overall signal on the 129?, but it seems around the same time (or near (anytime in between 5PM - 7PM MTN)) my HD de-digitizes. They trimmed the top of a tree and said there was a clear line to the satellite, so I'm going to believe thats not it.

My only saving grace is being a Dish customer for 12 years, so all the tech visits are free.

Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

pic attached of tv

Attachments

• IMAGE_007.jpg
    IMAGE_007.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 241
If you get a dedicated wing dish for the 129 you will not have any other problems. I had the same issue till I finally put up a dedicated dish for 129.

thanks for the reply WardConner... what did you end up pointing at it for dedication? Dish 500? Dish 1000? If I may ask... what extra equipment did you put in place to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

Same time every day?

I know I'm not the only one getting this. I've had DN out on 4 seperate occassions to do work. The last techs actually got me a stronger overall signal on the 129?, but it seems around the same time (or near (anytime in between 5PM - 7PM MTN)) my HD de-digitizes. They trimmed the top of a tree and said there was a clear line to the satellite, so I'm going to believe thats not it.

My only saving grace is being a Dish customer for 12 years, so all the tech visits are free.

Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

pic attached of tv
Is it only during those times that you have given or does it happen at other times? Is it only on certain channels or all of them?

It happens on any HD channel... but I've noticed it most when I'm usually watching local HD... But it's not specific to one channel, and it happens on both HD receivers. It eventually clears up 10 - 15 minutes later... but as with everyone... it occurs when I'm watching a good game, race, or Dexter on Showtime... which... speaking of... it does happen on HBO and Showtime too...

Again... I appreciate the responses and recommendations. Thank you!

If it is only during the 5-7

It happens on any HD channel... but I've noticed it most when I'm usually watching local HD... But it's not specific to one channel, and it happens on both HD receivers. It eventually clears up 10 - 15 minutes later... but as with everyone... it occurs when I'm watching a good game, race, or Dexter on Showtime... which... speaking of... it does happen on HBO and Showtime too...

If it is only during the 5-7 PM time period then it isn't 129. What it sounds like is some form of TI that is blotting out the sat. band.

for the most part

it will go out at other times... but predominately around that time. The neighbors can atest to that due to my light rage... :D

Sorry guys / gals.... I'm located in Denver, CO.

I'm in Denver also. When my original installation was done I had them put a separate Dish 500 up for 129. Over the first year I had VERY occasional dropouts of a second or two. However when we were hit by heavy rain, things got a bit touchier.

Just for fun I put up a Winegard DS-2077 on 129 and that completely eliminated rain fade. It seemed to cut the short dropouts even further, but since I was ordering another DS-2077 for 110, I decided to get two and try out 61.5. That was the ticket for clean HD.

We now have separate Winegards on 61.5, 110 and 129. There's not much on 119 that matters to us, so I simply made that a dedicated Dish 500. Most of our receivers use 61.5, but as we have a second switch, the kids' PVR is set up on 129 so they can get their RSN fixes. While this may seem like overkill, it did eliminate our HD problems.

interesting

We now have separate Winegards on 61.5, 110 and 129. There's not much on 119 that matters to us, so I simply made that a dedicated Dish 500. Most of our receivers use 61.5, but as we have a second switch....

You actually have a Winegard for each satellite (3 dishes)? If I may ask... what size are the Winegards? What switches are you using? And what LNB's are you using?

You actually have a Winegard for each satellite (3 dishes)? If I may ask... what size are the Winegards? What switches are you using? And what LNB's are you using?

We actually have three Winegard DS-2077s and one Dish 500. The DS-2077 is a 30" dish, but it is hardly more expensive than smaller dishes. It does have a lot more gain. We had three DishPro dual LNBFs from the original install, so I bought a fourth for 61.5. The DS-2077 brackets are designed exactly for these.

Our 'main' switch is a DP34 which handles 61.5, 110 and 119 to three receivers. The trunk outputs of the DP34 for 110 and 119 go into a DPP 44 switch, which has 129 as its third input. When we swapped a previous receiver for the kids' PVR, the installer gave us the DPP 44 to save running another cable for the second tuner. It's more than we need but it's nice to have the flexibility.

HBO HD Ch 300 SAT 110 TP12
SHO HD Ch 318 SAT 110 TP13

What kind of signal strength's are you seeing on different transponders.

Tune in the channel you want to test and then press
Menu > 6 > 1 > 1

let me see

the signal strength on 300 was 100, and the transponder switched to spotbeam. On 318, the TP = 68 strength. This was 3 minutes after there was blotchy picture. But I fumbled the remote... so wasn't able to pull up the screen until after. Plus this time it was on 129 that was acting up... that strenth signsal was 38.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts