My fix for History ch Stretch

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
Thought I would share. Plus I just got a new digital camera so I want to post pics!
I mentioned it in another post briefly.

Unfixed. That's one long nose cone!

picture.php

My fix.

picture.php

I put my sat receiver in 480P and mess with the stretch settings on my tv to accomplish this. I have to use component cables because 480P isn't supported by my tv's HDMI input.

Well it's a nice workaround, but I only use HDMI, and I'd rather not switch to 480p mode every time a stretch-o-vision'd program comes on. But if it works for you, good deal. :up

Why not use 1080i via HDMI, THEN use the TV adjustments to size the picture? Thats what I do.

Its also nice if there stretching a full 4:3 picture on a 16:9 screen because I can set my TV to 4:3 and it will squeeze the picture back to normal and add black bars to make up for it (unlike dish's gray bars that just COVER the picture and not compress it)

Great pics by the way!

I have a similar problem when I send my 722 TV2 Out up to the HDTV in my bedroom. Typically what I do is tune to the HD channel, set the DISH display mode to 'Letterbox' and then set my HDTV to 'Zoom1'. This then fills the whole screen...with 480i in all its glory!? :confused:

Oh well...it's the best I can do. I didn't want to get a third receiver just to get Dish HD in my bedroom.

I've noticed the stretch on some History Channel HD programs. I'll remember your workaround and give it a shot next time! Thanks for the tip and the great pictures!

TC

Why not use 1080i via HDMI, THEN use the TV adjustments to size the picture? Thats what I do.

Its also nice if there stretching a full 4:3 picture on a 16:9 screen because I can set my TV to 4:3 and it will squeeze the picture back to normal and add black bars to make up for it (unlike dish's gray bars that just COVER the picture and not compress it)

Great pics by the way!

My tv won't zoom vertically in 16X9. Basically when I put the 622 in 480P the tv displays 4x3 then I zoom into full screen with the TV. It's kind of strange what I have to go through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)