My Go Around with the Audit Team (Now RESOLVED!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually I heard of someone with ONE receiver getting audited. (I kid you not!)

Just because of the bad publicity alone DISH should shut down this department. What are they gaining by upsetting paying customers?

Or even more importantly, what are they losing by upsetting paying customers??!!!!

As I stated earlier, Dish probably catches enough account stackers to justify this department. That said, loosening their rules wouldn't hurt either... Obviously they have rules, i.e. multi-family location requires multiple accounts, and they follow them to the letter, with no exceptions. On the other hand, let's use Sean's scenario: How can he prove it's just one family living there ? Sending a Dish employee or tech isn't feasible either.

As I stated earlier, Dish probably catches enough account stackers to justify this department. That said, loosening their rules wouldn't hurt either... Obviously they have rules, i.e. multi-family location requires multiple accounts, and they follow them to the letter, with no exceptions. On the other hand, let's use Sean's scenario: How can he prove it's just one family living there ? Sending a Dish employee or tech isn't feasible either.

In Sean's case proving that just one family lives there would NOT suffice, he would have to have the county/city reclassify his property from multifamily to single family.

In this case the audit team is simply following the letter of the law, which from a business perspective serves Dish pretty well.

This is what happens when you put stupid people in a position to make decisions, ie: Congress.

Look the facts are the audit team is giving DISH Network a black eye. Try tuning in to the Clark Howard show sometime, he bashes DISH Network all the time because of the audit team and their stpid you are guilty until proved innocent mentality they have.

Lets face it if you were looking for satellite service and then heard these stories (which are true) about the DISH Network audit team, would you want to subscribe to DISH Network?

Being bashed regularlly on national radio is NOT good advertising.

and they don't GAIN anything from people that were sharing their receivers too freely. they actually lose the fees they were getting from the extra receivers. you don't actually think that a person with multiple locations will add another account do you? i knowi t happens but it will be very rare indeed.
it's not like they were losing anything in the first place.

At one time it was said if they shut off the hackers it would lower the costs for customers...

They shut off the hackers... did your bill go down?
Hehe, SaltiDawg beat me to it !! That's the typical corporate answer though... "Other factors have continued to raise our costs but these measures allowed us to keep price increases as low as possible". :D :D :D

I don't listen to Clark Howard very often, so I can't comment on frequent topics on his radio show. On his website, which is very active, I see no mention of Dish's audit department.... Searching the entire 'net for "dish network audit team" only turns up results from this site, DBSTalk, and a few other satellite-related (or RV or 'testing') websites.

Yeah, when they shut off the receivers that were shared, odds are pretty low that those people are going to sign up legitimately with Dish the next day ! In fact, they'll either do without or they'll go to D* or cable. I remember when D* put the last nail in the coffin of people who were pirating their service ... they all signed up with Dish !

I don't listen to Clark Howard very often, so I can't comment on frequent topics on his radio show. On his website, which is very active, I see no mention of Dish's audit department.... Searching the entire 'net for "dish network audit team" only turns up results from this site, DBSTalk, and a few other satellite-related (or RV or 'testing') websites.
My wife likes his show, he puts down dish about once a week, but sometimes more if he gets the chance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)