My last UFC Fight Night in SD!!!!

I have been thinking of switching, but I would be spend a lot more per month for the same channels pretty much. Not including equipment charges, I would be spending at least $15 per month more with DTV. Add in the equipment and other charges, and it would be at least $30 more per month. Just can't justify that expense for television.

Lets face it, they both suck. They are both missing GOOD HD channels...

It seems to me that D* is consciously aiming for the HD subscriber which is the man. I think DISH is playing more of a numbers game with channels like Fishing-HD. Yea the Lifetime channels are big but I bet NO ONE on this forum watches them (I have them locked and hidden myself). Not having Lifetime-HD or the LMN-HD is not a deal breaker since the wife can still watch it in SD. But try telling an HD enthusiast man he has to watch his favorite shows in SD when its available in HD. Yea we want all the channels in HD; even the channels for the wife or girlfriend, but not as much as we want the channels for ourselves. :up
I don't think there is a mass exodus going on from D* to E* to get Lifetime-HD.
This could all just be my scewd view of things but it could explain the D* sub numbers compared to E*'s.

I have been thinking of switching, but I would be spend a lot more per month for the same channels pretty much. Not including equipment charges, I would be spending at least $15 per month more with DTV. Add in the equipment and other charges, and it would be at least $30 more per month. Just can't justify that expense for television.
I am sure you have done your research but for anyone that hasn't I would call D* just so you know; if that is all that is holding you back that is. I am leaving my Mom on DISH as I don't trust her ability to learn a new interface right now. :)

As far as D* being more expensive, I thought that too. Hell that is all you here on this forum "They are more expensive" and "Their DVR sucks". Even on D*'s website I wasn't quite sure what my bill would be compared to what it is now with E*. But when I called and had the guy crunch the numbers I was shocked to find out I could get a second HD DVR and my bill would still be $3 cheaper. Now we'll see why D* has so many subs when their DVR sucks so bad. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that D* is consciously aiming for the HD subscriber which is the man. I think DISH is playing more of a numbers game with channels like Fishing-HD. Yea the Lifetime channels are big but I bet NO ONE on this forum watches them (I have them locked and hidden myself). Not having Lifetime-HD or the LMN-HD is not a deal breaker since the wife can still watch it in SD. But try telling an HD enthusiast man he has to watch his favorite shows in SD when its available in HD. Yea we want all the channels in HD; even the channels for the wife or girlfriend, but not as much as we want the channels for ourselves. :up
I don't think there is a mass exodus going on from D* to E* to get Lifetime-HD.
This could all just be my scewd view of things but it could explain the D* sub numbers compared to E*'s.

We're not referring to Lifetime (though I have occasionally caught a mainstream flick on there). The only channels DirecTV has that Dish doesn't are FX, Speed, the Viacoms, and some RSNs.

Some channels DirecTV (and in many cases, Dish) is missing:
Travel HD
More premiums in HD (there are a lot)
AMC HD
IFC HD
ESPNU HD
G4 HD
E! HD
Outdoor Channel HD
MavTV HD

To me, DirecTV aims for the SPORTS subscriber, which is frequently the man, but not always. My life personally does not revolve around sports.

DirecTV has better numners because in some ways they are a better provider. But not everything comes up roses at DirecTV, either.

I'd throw in WGN-HD, too. I know they show not much at all in HD now, but it's the one channel that Dish has over Direct for sports(for non-MLB subscribers). Cubs fans like myself and Sox fans appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts