'Mythbusters'

Drop in the bucket. She, and they, won't be back. The show will continue, perhaps more profitably. But it will eventually go dark, as all shows eventually do.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Discovery Channel Wants New Projects for Ousted ‘Mythbusters’ Hosts https://tv.yahoo.com/news/discovery-channel-wants-projects-ousted-mythbusters-hosts-195300963.html Discovery Channel revealed at the end of the season finale of”Mythbusters” that co-host Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara would not return for more episodes, but the network may not be done with any of them just yet.In response to nearly 35,000 people petitioning Discovery to rehire the only female Mythbuster on the team, the network said it hopes to work with Byron, Belleci and Imahara in the future on new projects.A spokeswoman from the network said to “stay tuned” when TheWrap reached out for comment about what projects, if any, are being developed.The petition shunned Discovery for taking “a huge step backward” by removing Byron from the reality series, which will only be hoested by original stars Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman going forward.

Last edited:
Adam Savage addresses 'MythBusters' departures....."Kari, Grant and Tory are good friends of ours," the television host said. "We didn't want to see them go.".... http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...sters-departures/9271419022168/#ixzz3MP7ATSMO
Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara left MythBusters after they failed to reach a contract agreement with Discovery.Host Adam Savage and executive producer Dan Tapster revealed as much in an interview with Entertainment Weekly published Friday. Belleci and Byron joined the show in 2004, and Imahara in 2005, and announced they would be departing the program in August."Kari, Grant, and Tory are good friends of ours, and we love those guys," Savage said. "We didn't want to see them go. The actual reasons for them going -- while we have certain understandings of what went on -- that's a contract discussion between Discovery and those guys."We were very keen for [the trio] to be a part of the show," Tapster said. "There were negotiations, and based on those negotiations, they opted out. It's a shame for them. It's a shame for us. But it gave us the opportunity to reinvent the show, which it kind of needed."Savage and Jamie Hyneman have co-hosted the program since 2003. The show sees the duo use scientific methods to prove or disprove rumors, myths, movie situations and more. Belleci, Byron and Imahara comprised "The Build Team" and generally performed their experiments separately.MythBusters will return with new episodes Jan. 10, 2015. Savage said that seeing Belleci, Byron and Imahara leave was disappointing and sad, but expressed continued enthusiasm for his work and upcoming seasons."I don't like to disappoint the fans," he said of his co-hosts' departure. "I don't like to make them angry. But I really feel like when they see what we've been producing this year, they'll see a program that we still love to make."

I'll bet they're not such "good friends" anymore!

"Scientific methods?" HAH! They're making ENTERTAINMENT folks, that's all! After they put out such BS about sinking ships NOT sucking you under, I stopped watching. Their pronouncements are dangerous. Trust me, and the Navy- if you're off a sinking ship, get as far away as fast as possible!

I haven't watched it regularly for many years now, but may with the start of the new season, just to see whats going on now.

As for the Not very much friends comment, I disagree, Many people move on if they can't come to an agreement contract wise, doesn't mean they are no longer friends.