Nascar 2011 Season

yes there is some passing...but not near as much as an oval.

Sorry but road racing just doesnt belong in Nascar.....hell if I want to see road racing I'll go to my nearest freeway and watch ;)

Sorry but road racing just doesnt belong in Nascar.....hell if I want to see road racing I'll go to my nearest freeway and watch ;)

Or watch Indy or F1 racing.

44 drivers in the entry list....and some road dudes as part of the list
car #/driver
37 Tomy Drissi
38 Tony Ave
46 Andy Pilgram
51 Boris Said
77 PJ Jones
81 Brian Simo

as will I. hate them road races. Not a big fan of "pack em together most of the race and pray no one dies" races either but at least there is passing in Daytona ;)

Earnhardt said he's not looking forward to Daytona either, this year, he dislikes the 2 by 2 car drafting.

I understand the comment, my wife feels the same way.

I don't.

That race was certainly more entertaining than this weeks race at Daytona is going to be.

The current incarnation of plate racing is even worse than the last incarnation of "pack" racing.

Road racing has been a part of NASCAR since it's inception. After all what was the Daytona race when it began?

NASCAR "Grand National", "Cup" series were regularly running Riverside starting in 1958 until it closed in 1988 and then changed to Sonoma.

Watching a Cup race on a road course is alot more entertaining than an F-1 race. Talk about no passing, take the lead at the start and you win????

I'll watch Saturday nights race, but I don;t have very high expectations of being that entertained. At least not like I was last Sunday.

Most likely hoping everybody makes out at the end in their POV's rather than a Med Transport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)