NASCAR 2012 season

Also find it very hard to find the Qualifying results online, at nascar . com ...
You would think that that would be somethings that they would want everyone to be able to find.
scroll to bottom but the Daytona 500 has them goofy lineup. I posted it before
NASCAR.COM

Also, not sure why Fox does this, but they include the Pre Race time in the same time slot as the racxe, so if you want to Record the race, you have to have the BS pre race as well, so you've wasted an hour or so of Recording space.

Sure wish they would change this.
yep they're the only one who does it. So you dont know how long to add padding due to the start time

With the race in rain delay, i may actually make both ends of my flight before the race starts !

Sitting in DFW at the moment, get to my destination at 5:45

Local CBS News in Orlando interviewing fans. They're not happy. NASCAR needs to think about this. Saturday Night was perfect for racing. They knew that rain was forecast for Sunday. If they had moved it up to Saturday Night it would have been much better for the fans and the ratings. Now they have Monday and that doesn't look good either. I know they have a problem with fans coming to a race on Saturday Night when they planned it for Sunday. But how many stay the night in Daytona anyway? I have. And how many drive to the race Sunday? I don't know anyone that drives up on Sunday Morning. Now they have a Monday or Tuesday race with less fans in attendance and lower ratings. This is a plan that should be put in place for upcoming Sunday races.

Last edited:
It's not looking good for today. There is rain forecasted for the whole day from what I hear.

Heavy rain headed into Daytona . Got a text from 2 friends that went home early Sunday. Not even going back today because of the Weather. I guess Tuesday looks good but the attendance will be a problem for sure. It just wasn't Sunday without the race. I wonder if they're thinking about pushing it back to next Sunday or even Saturday night.

I wonder if they're thinking about pushing it back to next Sunday or even Saturday night.

Don't think thats going to happen. The logistics of getting folks back and forth from Daytona to Phoenix in that period of time would be a nightmare. Throw in practices and qualifying. Multiple drivers running Cup and Nationwide. Not going to happen.

Race tentatively scheduled for a 7pm start time. (still raining)

Not a bad idea. People coming home from work will see it . Instead of Monday Night Football we get Monday Night NASCAR. If it clears it will be worth it to see them racing at night and a complete race.

NFL Divisional Round Picks

Lance Armstrong finally giving up fight against allegations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts