NASCAR 2013 season

they only had one full time team and that was Penske...looking at last years list the only other driver who ran a Dodge was Robby Gordon (#7)

Yea,and I guess Dodge is no longer an American company.Still,I would prefer to see Dodge in Nascar as Toyota.

Landon Cassill and BK part ways
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-cassill-bk-racing-departure-2013-season.html

Landon Cassill has parted ways with BK Racing, the organization for which he competed last season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

“We just couldn’t work it out,” Cassill said Wednesday. “There are a lot of balls in the air at BK, and it’s just unfortunate. It kind of breaks my heart that I have to move on this late in the year. I was looking forward to hopefully many years there, but it just didn’t work out. I don’t like to burn bridges, I’m not here to make anybody look bad. … I think it’s best for me to just move on professionally, gentlemanly, and start looking for a new job.”

33 cars scheduled for testing at Charlotte Thursday and Friday

sad that Speed isnt carrying it...they carried the Daytona one ad nauseum (with triple repeats)

list
Car #
Driver Team
Jamie McMurray Earnhardt Ganassi Racing
Brad Keselowski Penske Racing
Kasey Kahne Hendrick Motorsports
Marcos Ambrose Richard Petty Motorsports
Danica Patrick Stewart Haas Racing
Denny Hamlin Joe Gibbs Racing
Casey Mears Germain Racing
Tony Stewart Stewart Haas Racing
Clint Bowyer Michael Waltrip Racing
Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Racing
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Roush Fenway Racing
Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Racing
Matt Kenseth Joe Gibbs Racing
Trevor Bayne Wood Brothers Racing
Joey Logano Penske Racing
Jeff Gordon Hendrick Motorsports
Paul Menard Richard Childress Racing
Kevin Harvick Richard Childress Racing
David Stremme Swan Racing
Jeff Burton Richard Childress Racing
David Ragan Front Row Motorsports
Dave Blaney Tommy Baldwin Racing
Ryan Newman Stewart Haas Racing
Juan Pablo Montoya Earnhardt Ganassi Racing
Aric Almirola Richard Petty Motorsports
Bobby Labonte JTG-Daugherty Racing
Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Motorsports
Mark Martin Michael Waltrip Racing
Martin Truex Jr. Michael Waltrip Racing
Kurt Busch Furniture Row Racing
Dale Earnhardt Jr Hendrick Motorsports
Scott Speed Leavine Family Racing
Carl Edwards Roush Fenway Racing

So is Danica running full time in Sprint Cup,or the Nationwide series?

Cup

Regan Smith will drive the #7 Nationwide car this year for Jr (Danica drove this most of last year)

The big nationwide news is Elliott Sadler left the #2 team (Childress) and went to Gibbs. Will run the #11 with same sponsor (onemain financial)

Last edited:
Landon Cassill and BK part ways
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-cassill-bk-racing-departure-2013-season.html

Landon Cassill has parted ways with BK Racing, the organization for which he competed last season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

“We just couldn’t work it out,” Cassill said Wednesday. “There are a lot of balls in the air at BK, and it’s just unfortunate. It kind of breaks my heart that I have to move on this late in the year. I was looking forward to hopefully many years there, but it just didn’t work out. I don’t like to burn bridges, I’m not here to make anybody look bad. … I think it’s best for me to just move on professionally, gentlemanly, and start looking for a new job.”

Curious, Who is BK Racing ?

I've heard of them, but don't know who it is and the article didn't mention it.

yeah Burger King Racing

They bought the "Ashes" of what was Red Bull Racing...they ran the 83 & 93 cars last year full time and the #73 for a few races
Landon ran the 83 and Travis Kvapil and David Reutemann ran the 93 (Reutemann ran the 73 also)

this is pretty cool
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/01/17/baldwin-honors-father-no-7.html
Baldwin honors father with switch to No. 7

Tommy Baldwin Racing announced Thursday that it will run the No. 7 in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2013.
Team owner Baldwin's late father, Tom Baldwin Sr., drove the number 7NY as a NASCAR Modified driver. The 2002 Daytona 500-winning crew chief got his start in racing by working on his father's cars, and 2013 marks his fifth year as an owner in NASCAR's top national series.

"It is a very special moment today to announce the number 7 on our Chevrolet SS," Baldwin said. "The number has been in the Baldwin family for a long time and it is going to be pretty special to carry on that legacy in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series."

Baldwin had #36 for a few years. Robby Gordon had the #7 previously

Burger King?

yeah Burger King Racing

They bought the "Ashes" of what was Red Bull Racing...they ran the 83 & 93 cars last year full time and the #73 for a few races
Landon ran the 83 and Travis Kvapil and David Reutemann ran the 93 (Reutemann ran the 73 also)

Really ?

That would have been my first thought, but don't remember Burger King being in the Top Level in NASCAR

Or is this Nationwide ?

no its Cup...last year was their 1st year in the sport....again they bought out what was Red Bull Racing (that got out of the sport in 2011)

Thank goodness...the shootout errrr Sprint Unlimited is going back to how it should be
The eligible field of drivers will consist of pole winners from the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season and past winners of The Sprint Unlimited who have attempted to qualify for at least one race during the 2012 season

so your drivers are
2012 Pole Winners:
Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Martin Truex Jr., Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, Aric Almirola, Joey Logano, Marcos Ambrose, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Juan Pablo Montoya.

Past champions of The Sprint Unlimited:
Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, Bill Elliott, Terry Labonte, Ken Schrader.

No BK2 or no Bowyer (they didnt win a pole last year)

Thank goodness...the shootout errrr Sprint Unlimited is going back to how it should be
The eligible field of drivers will consist of pole winners from the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season and past winners of The Sprint Unlimited who have attempted to qualify for at least one race during the 2012 season

so your drivers are
2012 Pole Winners:
Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Martin Truex Jr., Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, Aric Almirola, Joey Logano, Marcos Ambrose, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Juan Pablo Montoya.

Past champions of The Sprint Unlimited:
Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, Bill Elliott, Terry Labonte, Ken Schrader.

No BK2 or no Bowyer (they didnt win a pole last year)

Never understand the way they decide to pick racers form this race, eventually they will have a full field with Pole winners and previous Winners. Wouldn't previous winners make it almost unlimited ?

There is a limit of 22 drivers for it so if there were 20 pole winners from last year (as example) then the past winners would be smaller...they go from recent on

But it use to be called the Bud Shootout which until a couple years ago the pole winner was "the Bud Pole Winner"

edit: I was wrong...per wiki its a max of 28 drivers

But its a helluva lot better than previously
2009: The field consists of 28 cars. The top six teams from each manufacturer (Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, and Toyota) based on owners' points from the previous season clinch berths, for a total of 24 cars. Previous season's pole position winners no longer were a qualifying factor. Unlike previous formats, the entry receives the berth, not the driver. In addition, each of the four manufacturers receive one "wild card" berth for a car/driver not already qualified, to bring the grand total to 28 cars. The other four "entries" were for previous champions and past Shootout winners. This system was discarded after only one year.

remember that abortion??

2010-2011: A new qualifying format was introduced, which expanded the field, with no size limitations:

The 12 drivers from the previous season's Chase
Previous Budweiser Shootout winners
Previous points-paying winners at Daytona (Daytona 500 or Coke Zero 400)
Previous Sprint Cup champions
The last 10 Rookies of year (in 2010, it was only the reigning rookie of the year)

2012: The field was once again expanded. Automatic bids went to the top 25 in series points (every driver from eventual series champion Tony Stewart to 25th place Brian Vickers), as well as any Daytona race winner who was not otherwise qualified and who competed in at least one race in 2011 (which will enable Bill Elliott, Geoff Bodine, Derrike Cope, Michael Waltrip, Jamie McMurray, Trevor Bayne, Terry Labonte, and Ken Schrader to make the race if they decide to run).

THANK GOD they are going back to what it use to be
2002-2008: Pole position winners from the previous season clinched automatic berths. All former winners of the event not already qualified received automatic berths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)