NASCAR 2013 season

Yes, has there been any word on Denny, last I saw they were putting him in the ambulance, going to the Hospital I would guess.

lower back pain

from jayski
Denny Hamlin was airlifted to a hospital after a hard single-car crash at the inside wall on the final lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400. Hamlin was awake and alert in the infield care center before being transported, but was taken to the hospital for further evaluation. A helicopter was used due to post-race traffic. Hamlin was helped from his car after the hard hit and seemed to collapse outside his car after he had pulled the window net down. He was taken by ambulance to the infield care center, where crew chief Darian Grubb hurried inside to check on the driver. Hamlin's girlfriend, Jordan Fish, tweeted Sunday night: "Thank u everyone for your messages concerning Denny. Darian is keeping us posted. He's alert n awake, main concern is his back.(USA Today)
JGR STATEMENT: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) driver Denny Hamlin was involved in an accident on the final lap of Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway. Hamlin complained of lower back pain at the track's infield medical center and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. Hamlin will remain at the hospital overnight for observation. No further updates are expected tonight

lower back pain

from jayski
Denny Hamlin was airlifted to a hospital after a hard single-car crash at the inside wall on the final lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400. Hamlin was awake and alert in the infield care center before being transported, but was taken to the hospital for further evaluation. A helicopter was used due to post-race traffic. Hamlin was helped from his car after the hard hit and seemed to collapse outside his car after he had pulled the window net down. He was taken by ambulance to the infield care center, where crew chief Darian Grubb hurried inside to check on the driver. Hamlin's girlfriend, Jordan Fish, tweeted Sunday night: "Thank u everyone for your messages concerning Denny. Darian is keeping us posted. He's alert n awake, main concern is his back.(USA Today)
JGR STATEMENT: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) driver Denny Hamlin was involved in an accident on the final lap of Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway. Hamlin complained of lower back pain at the track's infield medical center and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. Hamlin will remain at the hospital overnight for observation. No further updates are expected tonight

Hope hes fine, sounds like precautionary, but better safe than sorry.

I was really concerned when he collapsed and was laying next to the car.

That was a crazy finish for sure. I hope Lagano watches his back, because they will be coming after him for sure.

That was a crazy finish for sure. I hope Lagano watches his back, because they will be coming after him for sure.

Why will they be coming for him?

Was Joey supposed to let Stewart go because it's Stewart? (Excuse me Mr. Stewart, I'll get out of your way so you can go for the win).

I thought the idea was to finish ahead of everyone else, especially with as few laps as there was. (this isn't F1 where you're told to let the other guy win, see yesterday's F1 parade) I saw nothing out of line after the last restart. So what if Joey was blocking, There's no rule against it, (again this isn't F1 or Indy car) He did what any other driver would have done in that circumstance. Tony's PO'd because it happened to him, He doesn't like to be blocked, he's made no bones about that. (and I'm fine with that) What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm also good with Joey finally standing up for himself without anyone else fighting his battles, it's about time.

The bigger story here is why the hell there wasn't a safer barrier on the inside wall!!

Was Joey supposed to let Stewart go because it's Stewart? (Excuse me Mr. Stewart, I'll get out of your way so you can go for the win).

I thought the idea was to finish ahead of everyone else, especially with as few laps as there was. (this isn't F1 where you're told to let the other guy win, see yesterday's F1 parade) I saw nothing out of line after the last restart. So what if Joey was blocking, There's no rule against it, (again this isn't F1 or Indy car) He did what any other driver would have done in that circumstance. Tony's PO'd because it happened to him, He doesn't like to be blocked, he's made no bones about that. (and I'm fine with that) What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm also good with Joey finally standing up for himself without anyone else fighting his battles, it's about time.

The bigger story here is why the hell there wasn't a safer barrier on the inside wall!!

The idea isn't to wreck people on purpose. He wrecked Hamlin on purpose because of last week blaming him for getting wrecked when he actually came down on him.

Tony's PO'd because it happened to him, He doesn't like to be blocked, he's made no bones about that. (and I'm fine with that) What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yep he has said over and over he hates blocking, but like I said in a previous post, he tried it and failed at Talladega last year. As well as taking out an A$$ load of cars in the process.

Yes, has there been any word on Denny, last I saw they were putting him in the ambulance, going to the Hospital I would guess.
According to a story on Bleacher Report, Hamlin is experiencing lower back pain. The probability of injury is likely.

Logano admitted he knew Stewart had a run on him. The problem is not the block itself. The problem is Stewart was forced down to and almost into the grass. That's not a racing issue, it's a safety issue.
The absence of a SAFER barrier is a mystery.
From what I have read, track managements studied where crashes occurred on which parts of each track. The barriers were installed in these high risk areas.

Logano admitted he knew Stewart had a run on him. The problem is not the block itself. The problem is Stewart was forced down to and almost into the grass. That's not a racing issue, it's a safety issue.
The absence of a SAFER barrier is a mystery.
From what I have read, track managements studied where crashes occurred on which parts of each track. The barriers were installed in these high risk areas.

Actually if you look at the video again, you'll see stewarts car barely had all four tires across the white line with about 15-20 feet before he'd get near the grass.

Unfortunately it's an educated guess on barrier placement. Until something happens, the tracks don't know if they're right or wrong.

According to MRN, Denny has a compression fracture of the L-1 vertebrae, May or may not require surgery. With his history of back problems it may take a couple weeks to figure out the next course of action. According to Dr. Jerry Punch, without surgery he could be out of the car up to 2-6 weeks, maybe less maybe more. With surgery most likely months.

I guess Smoke forgot about what happened in the closing laps at the second race at Talladega last year.
Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Exactly. The hell with Stewart. Logano did what he should have on the last lap. Protecting his position. I guess Stewart forgets how many times he's done the same thing. Was a great finish!

but it wasnt the last lap. It was the last restart
You're right. Sorry, my bad. I was at my local watering hole watching the race. I thought Joey blocked him on the last lap as well before getting into it with Hamlin.
With that said, 11 to go, yeah I can see Tony's point. Was still a great finish.

but it wasnt the last lap. It was the last restart

First lap, midway, last lap, doesn't matter. Blocking happens all over the track throughout the race. My point is Stewart did/does it as well, but when it happens to him, he is a big cry baby about it. He did it at one of the worst tracks to block resulting in half the field not even finishing the race. His response, "My bad". Nobody got in his face about it. Im sure there were several pissed of drivers and car owners, but there was no highlight reel of a fight about it. Block him though, look out!!!! Here comes a helmet or a fist at you!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)