National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's a catch 24 on the RSN's. While you have yours in HD mine isn't yet since Austin is outside the spot beam for the HD RSN, so it's important for us to have them on CONUS.

Same here. NESN HD is only for Boston zip codes which excludes outer Boston DMA and other NESN territory. One caveat, the spotbeam does reach almost all of NESN territory. Its a Directv choice not to allow it.

It's a catch 24 on the RSN's. While you have yours in HD mine isn't yet since Austin is outside the spot beam for the HD RSN, so it's important for us to have them on CONUS.
Thats understandable! I don't disagree with everyone getting there own RSN's. But I like they way it is now.Give me my local RSN's in HD and they should give you yours.What I'm saying is my RSN's do you no good, as yours do me no good.If you buy MLB package it pays.But if you just have the sports pack ,What is going to be in HD,Thats not blacked out ? Just you local games anyway.

Any News on CW Network/

Scott

Next time you talk to your friend, ask him what the plans for adding the CW Network in HD to the current cities that have an HD feed. I know some cities, I think it is 4 or 5 have the CW in HD in their local package. Why the rest of us don't is for them to know. I would really love to see the season 7 this Fall of Smallville in HD. They are being Supergirl to the cast. My local city is Nashville, Tennessee.

And, as a follow-up see if they plan on adding the CW in HD to the HD Distant Network package. They have added it to the SD Distant Package.

Thanks!

Any news on when there might be another round of HD LIL's

ScoBuck,

Have your sources given you any indication since D10 is up that we might see another round of HD LIL's announced? I am in the Little Rock DMA and am hoping to get ours up before the Conus HD's come up so I can have my equipment up and running. I think we would probably be in the next round and think we would hear something within the next week or two if that were the plan.

ScoBuck,

Have your sources given you any indication since D10 is up that we might see another round of HD LIL's announced? I am in the Little Rock DMA and am hoping to get ours up before the Conus HD's come up so I can have my equipment up and running. I think we would probably be in the next round and think we would hear something within the next week or two if that were the plan.

I will reach out to my guy on Monday - let's see what I can find out!

Scott

Next time you talk to your friend, ask him what the plans for adding the CW Network in HD to the current cities that have an HD feed. I know some cities, I think it is 4 or 5 have the CW in HD in their local package. Why the rest of us don't is for them to know. I would really love to see the season 7 this Fall of Smallville in HD. They are being Supergirl to the cast. My local city is Nashville, Tennessee.

And, as a follow-up see if they plan on adding the CW in HD to the HD Distant Network package. They have added it to the SD Distant Package.

Thanks!

DirecTV already announced that they plan to add all HD channels available in each market, not just the "big four". But not to expect it until next year. So once D10 is online they may start adding CW and such to local packages but no timeline for sure. I think you'll see a lot more detailed timelines once D10 is operational in September.

ScoBuck,

last i heard at the first quarter webcast was directv was planning on having about 75 markets up and running with hd lil by the end of 2007.

the bulk of the smaller markets sked to receive the service will be completed once directv 11 is launched during q1 of 2008!

last i heard at the first quarter webcast was directv was planning on having about 75 markets up and running with hd lil by the end of 2007.

the bulk of the smaller markets sked to receive the service will be completed once directv 11 is launched during q1 of 2008!

I'm working on getting the specifics of the roll-out dates and DMAs as they schedule them.

Hopefully, while Sea Launch has been repairing the launch platform they've been busy building the launch vehicles so once it's back in service things will move quickly to clear out the backlog of launches.

I thought D11 was setup for next summer...did they move it up?

at the same q1 webcast, they said first half of 2008. since, i've read they have been able to move that up to first quarter 2008 because the problems which caused the sea launch anomoly had been resolved.

at the same q1 webcast, they said first half of 2008. since, i've read they have been able to move that up to first quarter 2008 because the problems which caused the sea launch anomoly had been resolved.

From everything I have been gathering the past two days - things have begun to roll again and today Sea Launch officially mentions the October 'return to Launch' on the home page of their website:

Sea Launch Home Page

The same sources that put out that info last week are saying that DIRECTV-11 is the 2nd bird on the schedule right now and looks like end of year liftoff. Prior to any official confirmation of return to launch, DirecTV and others could only give best 'guesstimates', now they will learn their place in line. I also think that instead of saying anything overly optimistic, they chose to mention the 'outside' dates for their launch.

Regardless, December, February, etc, at this point it matters little. When D10 turns on in September they will have excess space long past the first half off next year for available programming and channels.

I say congrats to the Sea Launch team for completing its recovery in a reasonable amount of time - and are anxiously awaiting the FIRST launch in October. Once that goes up, all the rest will follow in its due course.

As some may have noticed, I have an inside contact that has been giving me advance on the HD locals launch dates - I have posted them here, and they have been pretty much dead on as to market and date.

I say that as a disclaimer, because I just spoke to him and he gave me some general info as to what he has been told by corporate regarding the second week of September. He has told me that he will release more to me and much more detail as the dates near. That being said, and of course subject to the naysayers here is what he told me.

The inside expectation now is to have 70 additional HD channels on the system starting mid-September and concluding by the end of September - and more through the end of the year and into the future. He did say that there is an internal listing of what is already signed on, and those still requiring a signature on the dotted line.

On the other hand, it looks like they will not be setting any further dates for additional HD local markets until AFTER launch of DIRECTV 10.

I will post as I gather info.

Chase Carey pretty much confirmed this post (from mid-June) today! 70+ HD channels at LAUNCH of the new programming by end of 3Q. More added as the year ends - and still aiming at 100 for end December.

Now who thinks that the competition will have any more than 50 HD channels by year end?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts