National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
THIS is the quote to which I was responding. E* will have 50+ HD channels by year end.

WHEN D* actually starts delivering on some of these promises, then yes D* HD customers will finally have it pretty good.

I am glad you are happy with E*. I am very happy with D* I am taking my Sunday Ticket, My RSN's, and My Big Ten Channel and going home. I am happy with D* now and have been in the past, when we get additional HD, great. Do you really have to bash something to make yourself feel better?

There was a post in another thread about the bit rates on D* and (at least when the test was done) D* was averaging 13+ Mbps on HD (particularly Discovery HD). E* was clocking in at less than 9 Mbps. The HD Lite argument will be thrown back to E* for debate.

Most of the HD offerings from E* are programming that I am not interested in anyway. When VOom first came out, I was very interested. Then I saw what they were offering and didn't even give it a thought when E* started using their bandwidth.

As long as ST is on D*, there are no differentiators that would get me on E*. Charlie will be be scrambling come the end of September. If D* misses the September target, I will be very surprised. If D11 gets up and placed OK, D* will have a huge HD advantage over E*. I know the E* fanboys will all be hoping for it to blow up, because if it doesn't, it will be E*'s 'huge advantage' that will be up in smoke. MOre HD will have to mean more compression for a while on Dish.

But if you're happy with it, I am glad that the competition keeps D* on their toes.

What and how many channels are we getting?

My question is what HD channels will we be getting to start with in Sept. and exactly how mnay?

There was a post in another thread about the bit rates on D* and (at least when the test was done) D* was averaging 13+ Mbps on HD (particularly Discovery HD). E* was clocking in at less than 9 Mbps. The HD Lite argument will be thrown back to E* for debate.

Most of the HD offerings from E* are programming that I am not interested in anyway. When VOom first came out, I was very interested. Then I saw what they were offering and didn't even give it a thought when E* started using their bandwidth.

As long as ST is on D*, there are no differentiators that would get me on E*. Charlie will be be scrambling come the end of September. If D* misses the September target, I will be very surprised. If D11 gets up and placed OK, D* will have a huge HD advantage over E*. I know the E* fanboys will all be hoping for it to blow up, because if it doesn't, it will be E*'s 'huge advantage' that will be up in smoke. MOre HD will have to mean more compression for a while on Dish.

But if you're happy with it, I am glad that the competition keeps D* on their toes.

Are you serious?? You think us dish fanboys hope it blows up?? This is not a football game. As it as been stated on here numberous times, the more the hd for Direct the more for everyone. If Direct gets all of the hd up and running( again there is not 100 hd channles out there yet) the quicker we all get them. It might be several months but we will not be far behind. Remember it is a business.

Where has it been confirmed that d10 going live will have anything to do with what hd rsns you get in local regions. The rsns that have anything do with the new launch will be national beams, not local conus, so you will probably get nesn hd when the rest of the country goes, but of course blackouts will apply to games.

Did you read my post, TVBob, er, I mean Questioner? When D10 goes live, NESN hd will be on a CONUS beam, which means that it will be available outside of the Boston dma, WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE. For whatever reason, D* has not made it available in the Hartford dma like they have with YES hd. Therefore, I will be able to get NESN in hd, even though I get it only in sd now. Do you understand now or should I make it simpler for you?

I'm gonna ask nice one time - NO FIGHTING - get back to the topic!

And in all seriousness Questioner - what are local conus?

Thanks all.

Did you read my post, TVBob, er, I mean Questioner? When D10 goes live, NESN hd will be on a CONUS beam, which means that it will be available outside of the Boston dma, WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE. For whatever reason, D* has not made it available in the Hartford dma like they have with YES hd. Therefore, I will be able to get NESN in hd, even though I get it only in sd now. Do you understand now or should I make it simpler for you?

Um, I get it, but where did you get confirmation of this, or are you just guessing.

Um, I get it, but where did you get confirmation of this, or are you just guessing.

Ummmm, they've only announced it in a couple press releases that all the RSNs in HD they carry now on spotbeams will go CONUS on D10. ;) Thus they will be available to customers nationwide just like the SD versions.

You want RSN's on Conus so if you subscribe to NHL, MLB, or NBA sports packs, you get the games in HD nationwide. That is the plan folks.

Ummmm, they've only announced it in a couple press releases that all the RSNs in HD they carry now on spotbeams will go CONUS on D10. ;) Thus they will be available to customers nationwide just like the SD versions.

You made it sound like it will happen as soon as d10 becomes activated. We have no specific info about what rsns will go national and when. Also, you should consider blackout issues when rsns do go national. It wouldn't surprise me if the nation could get nesn in hd while games are blacked out for you on the national channel. It would make more sense if nesn hd was added to the local spotbeam and local channel packages. This is not what the national rsn hd channels are intended to solve.

You made it sound like it will happen as soon as d10 becomes activated. We have no specific info about what rsns will go national and when. Also, you should consider blackout issues when rsns do go national. It wouldn't surprise me if the nation could get nesn in hd while games are blacked out for you on the national channel. It would make more sense if nesn hd was added to the local spotbeam and local channel packages. This is not what the national rsn hd channels are intended to solve.

Just a tad pedantic, eh?

This time we just got 6 new HD channels from Dish ;).

Guess you felt obliged to empty the DISH gun on the D* members - but we all knew they were coming today, it's truly no suprise. It's Charlies last hurrah for a while I fear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

R15 rebooting

Trying to get re-acquinted with my HR20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)