NBA 2008-09 Season

If I was born with at 6-2 than 5'-9"..I may have been able to dunk a basketball....

Salsa? :D:D:D:D:D

midget_basketball.jpg

NEWSFLASH: Thunder Win!

The Thunder won another game last night. Make that 7 wins for the Okla City Thunder!

This time against the lowly Utah Jazz by a score of 114-93. I know the Jazz have been horribly disappointing this year, but by losing to the Thunder, the Jazz may have hit an new all-time low....

A couple of good looking doubleheaders on national TV the next couple of nights,

Tonight on TNT:

8:00et- Cavs at Bulls
10:30et- Suns at Nuggets

Tomorrow on ESPN:

8:00et- Hornets at Cavs
10:30et- Magic at Lakers

The stars will be out Friday night: CP3 and LeBron in Cleveland, and Superman and Kobe in LA! :up

A couple of good looking doubleheaders on national TV the next couple of nights,

Tonight on TNT:

8:00et- Cavs at Bulls
10:30et- Suns at Nuggets

Tomorrow on ESPN:

8:00et- Hornets at Cavs
10:30et- Magic at Lakers

The stars will be out Friday night: CP3 and LeBron in Cleveland, and Superman and Kobe in LA! :up

Friday against C-Paul and the Hornets will be the 2nd night of a back-to-back. This should be our toughest tests at home all year as the Cavs try and go 20-0 at home.

The Thunder won another game last night. Make that 7 wins for the Okla City Thunder!

This time against the lowly Utah Jazz by a score of 114-93. I know the Jazz have been horribly disappointing this year, but by losing to the Thunder, the Jazz may have hit an new all-time low....

The Jazz played last night without Paul Millsap, CJ Miles, and Carlos Boozer. Boozer has played only the first 12 games, and hasn't played since like the middle of November. They also went 12 games without both Boozer and Deron Williams, their two best players.

The loss to the Thunder notwithstanding, it's actually remarkable they stand at 23-16, and currently in playoff position. If they get back to full strength at playoff time, this is a team you would not want to play.

Sandra

Diss the Thunder all you want. They're 4-4 for January, with an overtime loss thrown in.

Woe is Cleveland

:( Bad, Bad, Bad, really Bad news..............

At the start of the game, the Cavs were already without the services of 2 of their starting 5. By the end of the first, we were down another.

Delonte West has a fractured right wrist. I knew this season was too good to be true. This is Cleveland. I kept waiting to see how this season was going to be derailed, and now I see it.

Delonte was off to another great start tonight when he went up to challenge a Derrick Rose shot and he kind of got his legs cut out from under him. He came crashing down to the floor head first, busting open a cut over his eye, and fracturing his right wrist.

Delonte is this team’s best perimeter defender. He’s the guy who guards the opponents’ quicker PGs when Mo Williams is struggling to stay in front of them. Delonte has been the team’s best 3-point shooter. Delonte is the guy who does all the little things….the intangibles…when the team needs them the most, whether it be a timely steal, or knocking loose a pass on a fast break, or even the occasional blocked shot. In my opinion, the Cavaliers will not be able to get the #1 or #2 seed in the East if Delonte misses extended time. Not with Ilgauskas still out for a while and Ben Wallace losing a lot of strength and weight with his illness. Not with the meat of the schedule still to come.

I will be sitting on eggshells until I hear the estimated time frame for Delonte to heal, but until then, the sick to my stomach feeling just won't go away. This sucks bad! :(:(:(:(:(

At the start of the game, the Cavs were already without the services of 2 of their starting 5. By the end of the first, we were down another.

Delonte West has a fractured right wrist. I knew this season was too good to be true. This is Cleveland. I kept waiting to see how this season was going to be derailed, and now I see it.

Delonte was off to another great start tonight when he went up to challenge a Derrick Rose shot and he kind of got his legs cut out from under him. He came crashing down to the floor head first, busting open a cut over his eye, and fracturing his right wrist.

Delonte is this team’s best perimeter defender. He’s the guy who guards the opponents’ quicker PGs when Mo Williams is struggling to stay in front of them. Delonte has been the team’s best 3-point shooter. Delonte is the guy who does all the little things….the intangibles…when the team needs them the most, whether it be a timely steal, or knocking loose a pass on a fast break, or even the occasional blocked shot. In my opinion, the Cavaliers will not be able to get the #1 or #2 seed in the East if Delonte misses extended time. Not with Ilgauskas still out for a while and Ben Wallace losing a lot of strength and weight with his illness. Not with the meat of the schedule still to come.

I will be sitting on eggshells until I hear the estimated time frame for Delonte to heal, but until then, the sick to my stomach feeling just won't go away. This sucks bad! :(:(:(:(:(

That does suck! I saw this last night and it did not look good. :(

Of course I'm a Celtics fan, but I NEVER want my team to benefit because of injury. I hope Delonte is ready for the playoffs.

Delonte, as I'm sure you know, started his career in Boston, and I wish him the best in his recovery. He's a good guy.

That does suck! I saw this last night and it did not look good. :(

Of course I'm a Celtics fan, but I NEVER want my team to benefit because of injury. I hope Delonte is ready for the playoffs.

Delonte, as I'm sure you know, started his career in Boston, and I wish him the best in his recovery. He's a good guy.

Yeah, I knew he came to Boston. So, you're very aware that he is a good guy. Huge heart indeed.

Something that definitely touched me and said a lot about his character came before the start of the second half. During warmups, Delonte came out on the floor with the rest of his team. He was bruised, had a swollen lip and eye. He had bandages over his eye with stitches. He also had his right hand in a support cast. Any other player would most likely be in street clothes taking the rest of the night off in the locker room. Not D-West. He was out there for the second half to root on the rest of his teammates.

Healthy or not, these guys mean the world to eachother. The team concept remains in tack. Other guys are just going to have to step it up.

It would just be a B* if the one thing to derail this dream of a season would be injuries.

That sucks. I watched part of the game and saw where he came back out to the bench.

This is really, really bad news. When I saw the play, I was hoping it was going to be "just" a concussion, but being a Clevelander, deep down inside I *knew* he broke his wrist.

Thoughts to Ponder:1,000 Post Edition

HD for ESPN GamePlan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)