NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 28, 2005
Miami has a bunch of minimum wage reserves whose contracts expired. They also have over $5 million in raises in the long term contracts, so their payroll for eight players drops from $80 million to $78 million, for now, but the salary cap is less than $60 million, so all they can do for the next four years is add minimum wage and mid-level exception players. That's better than nothing. Shaquile O'Neil agreed to sign with the Celtics for the veteran minimum because doing so would get him his best shot at adding a ring to his collection, but that is a rare situation.

The third and fourth contract years of their half a dozen best players are all player options at their max salary, so those players will only exercise those options if they have become worth less than that.

Last edited:

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Congrats to the Heat!One monkey down...lets see how many are left?5,6,7?:D

Maybe the Bornets or Hobcats can rise up and compete one of these days.:D

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Congrats to both of our loyal Heat fans here: Rey and Salsa!!
:)

There is absolutely no doubt who the best team or the best player in the NBA is!

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Congrats Rey.:first: It feels great doesn't it! Enjoy it.
awesome! thanks hart

Congrats to the Heat!One monkey down...lets see how many are left?5,6,7?:D

Maybe the Bornets or Hobcats can rise up and compete one of these days.:D
thank you :)

To the Heat fans on here, how does this compare to the 2006 title?
06 was the first but i was nowhere near as emotional as i was with this one. this championship is sooo much sweeter. and the icing was the bit** slap it represented to all the haters out there. do us the favor and continue to waste your energies on hating the heat. :popcorn

Congrats to both of our loyal Heat fans here: Rey and Salsa!!
:)

There is absolutely no doubt who the best team or the best player in the NBA is!
thanks buddy. classy as always.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I loved Magic's comments stating that this championship run will only fuel him/them even more and to 'watch out next season'.
And LeBron knows who to watch out for:

"...“They're going to be a team to be reckoned with for a lot of years because they're young, and they're going to use this experience as motivation,” LeBron said after the Heat ended the Finals with a Game 5 victory Thursday night.

“You know, this is not the last time we'll see Oklahoma City. This won't be the last time we see them in the Finals. ...”

Read more: NBA Finals: Could LeBron James vs. Kevin Durant be the NBA's next great rivalry? | NewsOK.com

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Not a big fan of parades. And the weather is supposed to be miserable with Tropical Storm Debbie in the Gulf. I did one parade when the Bulls won the 1st 'Three-peat' ...and they got more than what Miami will get(their parades AVERAGED around over a million people)...and it was too crowded too much.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Not a big fan of parades. And the weather is supposed to be miserable with Tropical Storm Debbie in the Gulf. I did one parade when the Bulls won the 1st 'Three-peat' ...and they got more than what Miami will get(their parades AVERAGED around over a million people)...and it was too crowded too much.

i work about 2-3 miles away from where the parade is but can't miss a day here. luckily sun sports is televising the event and i'm recording it :) perhaps they should move it for tomorrow.

England will destroy Italy sunday!! OH YEA!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)