NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Who matches up well against the Nugs? I can't think of any.

As for my Cavs in the East, I'm not worried, so don't YOU worry. :)
uh the Lakers? The Nuggets can't win against under .500 teams, so they don't take games seriously. The Lakers are notorious for not taking the regular season seriously. You need to get off of your regular season high-horse. In an 82 game season, nothing matters until the post season, UNLESS you are on the bubble. FWIW, Orlando was 2-0 against the Lakers last season.

Yep. BUT....remember, and if ANYONE knows....in the playoffs...it's all about the matchups. And for some reasons, sometimes....the "IT" team somehow always gets a bad match-up...last year....is the perfect example....

The NBA playoffs are more about who has the better team than they are about matchups. ;)

Sandra

The NBA playoffs are more about who has the better team than they are about matchups. ;)

Sandra

Really?! Shall I run a few by you:

2009:

- #6 Dallas was 4-1 better than #3 SA?
- #3 Orlando was 4-2 better than #1 Cleveland?

- #6 NJ was 4-2 better than #3 Toronto?
- #8 Golden State 4-1 better than Dallas?
- #3 SA 4-0 better than #2 Cleveland?

- #6 LA CLIPPERS....the freaking Clippers 4-2 better than Denver?

And those are just the recent once...

ALL those had more to do with match-ups than who was better. Alot of times, the teams maybe better, better they end up with a bad match-up in the playoffs.

...simple as that..;)

the Clippers were pretty damn good in 2006. They took the Suns to 7 games. The Magic were a better team than Cleveland. San Antonio was MUCH better than Cleveland in 2007. The only real upset there is Dallas vs Golden State

Really?! Shall I run a few by you:

2009:

- #6 Dallas was 4-1 better than #3 SA?
- #3 Orlando was 4-2 better than #1 Cleveland?

- #6 NJ was 4-2 better than #3 Toronto?
- #8 Golden State 4-1 better than Dallas?
- #3 SA 4-0 better than #2 Cleveland?

- #6 LA CLIPPERS....the freaking Clippers 4-2 better than Denver?

And those are just the recent once...

ALL those had more to do with match-ups than who was better. Alot of times, the teams maybe better, better they end up with a bad match-up in the playoffs.

...simple as that..;)

Well, there are 15 playoff series every year, so in the three years you mentioned, there were 45 series played. You mentioned six series that were arguably won by the team that was not the better team...which apparently leaves 39 series that WERE won by the better team.

Simple math...39-6 ;)

As I said, the NBA playoffs are more about who has the better team than they are about matchups. Matchups are a factor to be sure...but by far not the most important factor.

Sandra

Well, there are 15 playoff series every year, so in the three years you mentioned, there were 45 series played. You mentioned six series that were arguably won by the team that was not the better team...which apparently leaves 39 series that WERE won by the better team.

Simple math...39-6 ;)

As I said, the NBA playoffs are more about who has the better team than they are about matchups. Matchups are a factor to be sure...but by far not the most important factor.

Sandra

6 out of every 39 is a good enough sample size to me.

...just saying....

Look at the move Cleveland made JUST this year. They were arguably on paper, the best team in the East. There moves have been litterally to counter Orlando's match-up issues in the playoffs.

Apparently the math wasn't as simple as I thought. It's actually 6 out of every 45. ;)

Sandra

I am not saying you are wrong. Again.....were talking about 13-15%. Does it mean it happens always? Or even often? NO. But it happens enough where teams trade/draft to be able to match-up against certain teams come playoff time. I have seen teams do this enough.

I am not saying you are wrong. Again.....were talking about 13-15%. Does it mean it happens always? Or even often? NO. But it happens enough where teams trade/draft to be able to match-up against certain teams come playoff time. I have seen teams do this enough.

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just correcting your math.

Sandra

NO....that was YOUR math. And that STILL equates to about 13-15%...percentage is more or less still the same.

Oh my goodness...this is just too simple to get wrong.

I said out of 45 series, 6 were won by teams with arguably better matchups.

You said 6 out of 39.

I corrected it to 6 out of 45.

That's your math I was correcting.

Sandra

I swear I am going to have scott put both of you on each other's ignore list permanetly so you don't keep up these arguments that go on and on and on and on and on and on..............IN ALL THREADS!!!!!!

Kobe Bryant: 40 mins, 32 pts on 13-19 (68%), 3-4 from 3PT, 7 rebs, 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

looks like the rest payed off for the greatest player in the game :)

Kobe Bryant: 40 mins, 32 pts on 13-19 (68%), 3-4 from 3PT, 7 rebs, 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

looks like the rest payed off for the greatest player in the game :)

Don't forget the 3-pointer with 4secs left..

[ame="http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300223029"]Los Angeles Lakers vs. Memphis Grizzlies - Recap - February 23, 2010 - ESPN[/ame]

I swear I am going to have scott put both of you on each other's ignore list permanetly so you don't keep up these arguments that go on and on and on and on and on and on..............IN ALL THREADS!!!!!!

:up:up

Old Footage to Remind You How Good NBA Fans Have it Now

Wardens pull Plax's playtime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)