NBA Season Pass

Spoke to a csr this morning and was told that 'dish is working vigoursly and rapidly to make nba league pass available.Our computers show a 169.00 early bird special,but it wont be available until november 1st'.

Total rip off. I signed up for the Turbo HD promotion to get LP in HD. Yesterday, not a single game was available in HD. This makes no sense whatsoever given that all of the FSN channels have HD counterparts which Dish carries.

I was bamboozled.

Spoke to a csr this morning and was told that 'dish is working vigoursly and rapidly to make nba league pass available.Our computers show a 169.00 early bird special,but it wont be available until november 1st'.

That is a great sign. I'm happy their computers show something anyway. All I have heard is that they are working hard to get it done. I did call to find out about cancelling and the guy told me that the message had changed twice so to give it a day or so because that usually means they really are working on it. I also got some $ off my monthly bill for the hastle.

I just was alerted to this on Dish's website. It wasnt there a few days ago.

Since I can't post url's yet, You have to go to the site to see for yourself

/packages/ppv/sports/basketball/default.aspx

DISH Network sincerely regrets that NBA League pass is currently unavailable. In the meantime, you can still view your favorite Basketball games on ESPN (CH 140), TNT (CH 138) and your local regional sports channel.

The loss of NBA League Pass was the result of the NBA's decision to impose unreasonable contract terms on DISH Network to continue to carry their programming package.

DISH Network remains committed to protecting its customers from unreasonable contract demands from programmers that will negatively affect DISH Networks goal of providing the best value in programming packages and equipment.

We continually strive to control costs on behalf of our customers and are hopeful that this dispute will be resolved quickly. Please understand we are not at liberty to discuss negotiation details without the NBA's approval. We realize that in today's competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support while DISH Network continues to work through these difficult but important negotiations with NBA TV.

As someone who moved from an area that I grew up in, things like the league pass and the MLB package are things that I value greatly. I am really tired of Dish "looking out for me" by keeping prices low from these "evil" providers. Raise the price if you must to make some money on the packages and at least give us a damm choice if we want to buy or not. What am I missing!?

As someone who moved from an area that I grew up in, things like the league pass and the MLB package are things that I value greatly. I am really tired of Dish "looking out for me" by keeping prices low from these "evil" providers. Raise the price if you must to make some money on the packages and at least give us a damm choice if we want to buy or not. What am I missing!?

How long have you been a DISH subscriber? If you give it a little longer, you'll get used to it. I even remember losing stations like Nickelodeon all because someone was kind enough to "look out for me".

(I agree with your comments, though).

One question: Will this affect NBA TV if you purchase the Multi-Sport pack or AEP?

If you are a sports fan, you are a DirecTV customer. It's just that simple.

I just messaged the Live chat and this is what the person said is the status said on the league pass...

"03) Bryan S: The subscriptions to this package is currently not available and we are working very hard to provide the pass for this season. We are working quickly and aggressively with the NBA to have the League Pass package available soon.
(03) Bryan S: The good news is NBA League Pass is currently in free preview on channels 560 - 572.
(03) Bryan S: NBA League Pass can currently be viewed free of charge on channels 560 - 572.
(03) Bryan S: I apologize for any inconvenience.
(03) Bryan S: We appreciate your understanding and co-operation in this regard.
(03) Bryan S: I will forward your request to the programming "

One question: Will this affect NBA TV if you purchase the Multi-Sport pack or AEP?

Only Dish knows the answer to this because it is dependent on if the agreement to have NBATV in the Multisports Package was based on Dish carrying NBALP. One just has to look at the upcoming sqwable Dish is going to have with MLBTV and the problems they have had in the past with NFL Network to know that if they lose NBALP, it probably won't look to hot for NBATV.

Info of LP on Direct

Direct LP TV Schedule

Dish LP TV Schedule not available at this time.

If they do get it back, you can see that Direct offers a lot more games in HD.

Thanks for posting this information. The number of HD games on Direct is staggering. I've had League Pass on Dish and last year we were lucky to get 1 game a night in HD.

If the Dish schedule comes out and resembles last year, this just may put me over the edge and switch to Direct.

It looks like the free Dish is over since my schedule doesn't show any games. I thought they were leaving it until the 4th?

hey guys i recently signed up for dish b/c i wanted nba league pass. Ive had cox the past 3 years and i was sick of paying for channels i dont use just for league pass so i switched to dish turbo hd.

Now ive been trying really hard to order nba league pass, im a huge suns fan. Ive called everyday to order it.

Ive noticed the preview has extended and they are still showing games.

Ive also noticed they started to show them in HD as well. This has made me very happy, the number 1 thing i hated about league pass was the quality was horrible for games, and that i could almost get the same or better quality getting it online.

Last night was the first time in almost 4 years of having league pass i watched a league pass game in HD (suns vs bulls) . Even though my team got blowned out :mad: , The fact that they broadcast the game in HD, This made me extremely happy:D , I just hope and pray that they get this League Pass negotiated and done with soon.

This would be the worst catastrophe to nba mankind if they were to show nba league pass games in HD as a preview then just take away league pass altogether.

I personally believe this is the reason why they are taking so long to negotiate, to broadcast the games in HD strictly and have a one up on Cable and DTV. If they were able to finsih this before the season started and marketed it properly it honestly would of been a huge for Dish Network and brought in a whole bunch of new subscribers. I'm even willing to pay 200+ to watch my suns in HD for the rest of the season. I just hope it gets done soon

It appears the free preview is still going on, weird. Well tomorrow my DirecTV gets installed due to this NBA LP issue.

It's very annoying that DISH continues to be quiet about anything. 8 games into the season already and they're doing business that should have been done months ago. I already knew DISH was a "we'll deal with it when we have to" company, but this is ridiculous.