NBC 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the 10 footer "C" set up on 103, get ION and some "others." I tried the 4140/V/30000 for SES3 and got nothing. The "bigger" dish was the Prodlin(sp)and no reason to have that set to ASC1 with the screwy skew. Just waiting for something on SES3 Ku to show up.
Raining now, so......

Just did a scan on 103W Ku and got something strange? Huntington Beach shows up on two TPs with the same frequency and SR BUT one is V and the other is H?? Or is this normal? First time I've seen it though.

EDIT: Never mind. My other system didn't see but one TP on this one so it's probably seeing double due to the weak signal, ie, it is pixilating some.

Last edited:
Yep with the "diagonal" skew on the old bird, sometimes it will scan in on both V and H, depending on where you live and how you have your LNBF skewed.

I get the same thing in northern ontario. Helluva time trying to skew the off skew for cozi. Cannot get it for the life of me. But do get the Beach cams

June has been mentioned here for some change overs. Is that an "advertised" date when something will show up on Ku?
I just find it less work locating a satellite when there is something there. I know the pros that know what they are doing do not have that problem.

Who's going to be up at 4am?
Well, as bad as I sleep, you never know.....
This has been a good day. Not the stinking cold here in cold, cold Michigan, but a dish fix. 31 degrees at my house this morning. Nothing on the news if the freeze killed the cherry and apple crop yet. Time will tell. The good part was getting the 10 footer working much better. Knew something was wrong with the way Ion was coming in. Problem was "dish-sag-ossuss." A few cranks on the elevation and everything blasts in like it should. Even got the SES3 demo at Q76. So all is good. Now, just waiting for 4:00 Am:eeek in June for the Ku stuff.:)

Even though I have the 10 footer "tuned up" better and am getting S90 and Q72 I still have an "odd" problem with the NBC channels. This is on 105 "C" band. The quality does not dip or drop, it holds steady. But I get freezing. It can be a few seconds or just a very quick pause. With such a signal and quality, I wonder what is the problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)