Please reply by conversation.
I'm seeing a nice jump in signal strength on Ku. On my 36 x 22 inch dish,
properly skewed for each satellite and a micro HD receiver:

NBC West went from Marginal to 77%
Cozi went from Not receivable to 74%
NBC East went from Not receivable to 76%
Beach Cams went from 72% to 76%

Hope this continues.

Reception was always good on my 1.2 meter, even when not skewed for AMC 1.
Now most channels have a Q of 80 to 85% on the 1.2 meter.

Reactions: N5XZS and fred555
On the C Band side I did before and after scans with EBSpro. Most muxes are 0.5 to 1.5 dB stronger than 2 days ago. A few are essentially unchanged.

Was up to P this morning around 5:30am and did a scan on 103w Ku with my Raydx test system that's still on the "test" stand using an S9 receiver. That setup locked a total of 15 TPs and yielded 28 FTA/$ channels. Q rates were very good and most were in the upper 70s% range.

Checked just now (11:25am) and several of those TPs are dead now? I'll probably wait until tomorrow and do another scan to see what's there after the dust has settled.

Good to see it online though!!:birthday Happy Birthday SES3!

Was going to install a c/ku combined LNB on the (left) 103 fixed C-band dish to free-up the fixed (2nd from left) 1.2 dedicated to Cozi right now, but it rained.

SO....thought I'd see what happens on my main motorized dish. After finding that the C (networks) and Ku (Cozi) don't line up perfectly, I split the difference on the positioner, re-entered the new "position 3" on my Vbox and we seem to have a winner!

Will be REALLY neat if, when I order a new Titanium positioner if we regain the smooth operation of the motorizedBirdview, which occasionally errors out, then recovers and moves If THAT works, I'll have no reason to have EITHER of the dedicated C-band or 1.2 meter dishes, and they'll be available for other signal hunting!
I try not to move the Birdview too much, and use fixed dishes when possible, but once it's fully reliable, the "sky's the limit!"

Signal is good and strong via combined C/Ku LNB. I did, however go out to the 1.2 meter former Cozi dish, and found after moving that LNB today that overall, the signal on that is a few points higher on a dedicated Ku dish than on the combined C/Ku, but we have enough signal to leave it set up on the motorized dish without worries!

100_1832.JPG100_1830.JPG 100_1831.JPG

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
So those that have not changed the skews on the lnb are still seeing a signal as good as they did on AMC1?

My dedicated setup for cozi on a 1.2 m dish was worse due to the change, it was completely gone this morning, normally strong. Returned after moving the LNB's skew. Probably depends on the dish size, focus, all the "usual" things and how much signal one had to begin with. glad to have it available on one dish now, however! Still considering a c/ku but we'll see!

So those that have not changed the skews on the lnb are still seeing a signal as good as they did on AMC1?
Is AMC 1 completely shut off? Still coming in strong on my 1.2m dedicated dish. Didn't touch any thing on it. My motorized is another story. The signals coming from it is not very good due a bent arm damage from falling ice this past winter. Haven't had a chance to fix it.

Little more update they crank up more rf juice! Now I getting at 77 to 82% signal strenth on NBC's mountain feed looking very good here in New Mexico.:)

Btw, I have a 1.1 meter Fortech Star dish.

Guess that would depend....content.....and....signal...but doubt with trees 200-ish feet in that direction away....lol

Solid signals on all transponders with a 90cm here in Northern California. Look like approximately 10% gain over previous SNR readings. Going to remove the offset LNBF and 2x1 switch tomorrow. :)

Yes, when I first checked the signals this morning, they weren't too much lower than what I would have received on AMC1. 11760 was 76-77, 11840 at 69-70 and 11880 at 65-66, on the AZBox (pixelation/drop out level is around 62, and 11880 has always been just above it, when it came in). This is on a 80cm with the LNB about 3 1/2 to 4 degrees off-centre.

After changing the skew, 11760 was up to 84, 11840 up to 77-78, and 11880 (where I had hoped there would be the greatest increase) only went up to 69-70.

I was working on the dish at 4 am I seen the power levels increased by several on quality. Bad weather is hampering the work on the dish.

I just got around to checking it out. I'm now getting a solid signal on the NBC DVB-S2 transponders, and the Microspace transponders (which were never a problem), but I now have no signal at all on the NBC DSNG transponders nor the Muzak transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts