NBC Affiliates in Puerto Rico on Dish

That might be why they put WNBC back on. Honestly thats crap that Dish pulled the NBC when Telemundo doesnt have their version up and running. Technically that means PR has NO NBC and should get one imported (as they do now again) until Telemundo gets the NBC working.

They can't claim "exclusive" until the station is technically up and running

Yup you got it right Iceburg a friend of mine who is a engineer at Telemundo I saw him yesterday and ask him about that he told me that everything is set to go in Puerto Rico and he does not know why the dont have the feed up OTA already there is something fishy!

What I don't understand is why they uplink WNBC sd only. For me, no HD is like not having the network. Besides feed quality, PTAT is not working for NBC.

The reason (assuming) is they used the NY feed which is CONUS (whole US).
The HD feed of WNBC is on a spotbeam and knowing dish they went the "simple errr cheap" route and instead of reuplinking it to the Puerto Rico spotbeam they just remapped the CONUS (SD) station

Thanks Iceberg. Maybe when Telemundo plug the OTA signal dish will add the network in HD. Telemundo gonna want theirs ads on all carriers.

so, still there is no NBC signal from OTA channel 2.3, maybe telemundo were counting with the loot from dish to pay for the transmission rights? no negotiations, no OTA signal? from where the other providers in PR are getting their NBC's signals, directly from WNBC too?

so, still there is no NBC signal from OTA channel 2.3, maybe telemundo were counting with the loot from dish to pay for the transmission rights? no negotiations, no OTA signal? from where the other providers in PR are getting their NBC's signals, directly from WNBC too?
Everybody is getting their feed from New York SD and HD except Dish

Surprised to see that dish haven't unlinked this in HD. Olympics is just round the corner and watching it in SD will suck big time

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Surprised to see that dish haven't unlinked this in HD. Olympics is just round the corner and watching it in SD will suck big time

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Remember they turned it on today and they are uplinking the channel via AAD. It should be uplinked in a couple of weeks they already have two channels up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)