NCAA Championship Week

You won't love playing in front of 20,000 Carolina fans cheering for dook to lose. Texas just got a gift. They'll feel like they're playing in Austin. dook's season will end next weekend.

2 weeks ago I would have not put up a huge argument - however, with recent lineup changes and the defense stepping up in the ACC Tourney, I don't see this as a factor

SEE YOU IN THE FINAL FOUR !!!!!!!!!

The ACC Area Sports Journal reported that Coach K told the NCAA that they didn't want to play in Greensboro if UNC was there too. This goes back to 2005 when both dook and UNC played in Charlotte and Carolina fans booed dook mercilessly (UNC has a huge alumni base in Charlotte). I remember Coach K complaining at the time about that.

Anyway I would love to play dook in the final four. I think that would be unbelievably cool. Also I think we would win. Ty Lawson will be completely healthy by then and Ty Lawson is undefeated against dook. The rumor from insiders was that if UNC had made it to the ACC final Ty most likely would've played as he is supposed to be nearly 100%.

#14 American over #3 Villanova (WAY too overseeded!)
Villanova's not overseeded. They are a legit 3, maybe 4, but the selection committee sometimes has to move teams up or down a line. And Villanova will NOT lose in Philly. I don't agree that they should get to play there, but they are, and they won't lose.

BC's a tough matchup for anyone with that flex offense. I like their chances aginst USC. Playing Michigan St would be like a cage fight. I can't go with BC there, too inconsistent, but it will be physical.

Digger Phelps was just saying on ESPN, that the BC-USC winner could be the sleeper in that bracket.

The dark horse I've got is Florida St. They will get to the Sweet 16 and play Pitt. They played them in Dec and only lost by 4 or 5 points. If they get a rematch I think they win. Toney Douglas is exactly the type of guy who can carry a team to a big upset.

Couldn't agree more!!! I have Pitt going to the Final Four, but I wouldn't be surprised if FSU beat the Panthers and advanced to the FF themselves.

Villanova's not overseeded. They are a legit 3, maybe 4, but the selection committee sometimes has to move teams up or down a line. And Villanova will NOT lose in Philly. I don't agree that they should get to play there, but they are, and they won't lose.

I thought Wake deserved a 3 seed over Villanova.

The ACC Area Sports Journal reported that Coach K told the NCAA that they didn't want to play in Greensboro if UNC was there too. This goes back to 2005 when both dook and UNC played in Charlotte and Carolina fans booed dook mercilessly (UNC has a huge alumni base in Charlotte). I remember Coach K complaining at the time about that.

Anyway I would love to play dook in the final four. I think that would be unbelievably cool. Also I think we would win. Ty Lawson will be completely healthy by then and Ty Lawson is undefeated against dook. The rumor from insiders was that if UNC had made it to the ACC final Ty most likely would've played as he is supposed to be nearly 100%.
Haha. They're gonna hate life this week. Back in 05 not only did dook get booed mercilessly at the games but they were heckled in restaurants and their hotel. And Rick Barnes used to coach at Clemson and is from High Point. He'll know how to used this to his advantage. Hey uncrules who'd of thought us Carolina fans would ever cheer for Rick Barnes? Hook em!

Which team can be this year's middle-of-the-pack-seed cinderella that can get insanely hot ala Davidson or George Mason?

I'm picking Utah State.

I can see that. I just don't see them getting by Mizzou in the second round.

I like VCU, Western Kentucky and Siena.

Digger Phelps was just saying on ESPN, that the BC-USC winner could be the sleeper in that bracket.

Couldn't agree more!!! I have Pitt going to the Final Four, but I wouldn't be surprised if FSU beat the Panthers and advanced to the FF themselves.

I really like Michigan State advancing to Elite 8

Hey uncrules who'd of thought us Carolina fans would ever cheer for Rick Barnes? Hook em!

There isn't too many times I would ever pull for a Rick Barnes coached team but this will be one of those times. But I might have to watch with my back turned towards the TV to show my displeasure with the two teams on the TV. :D

There isn't too many times I would ever pull for a Rick Barnes coached team but this will be one of those times. But I might have to watch with my back turned towards the TV to show my displeasure with the two teams on the TV. :D

who you kidding? i thought all you unc fans were used to turning your backs to take it in the . . . . hee hee

My Elite Eight:

Wake Forest over Kansas
Pittsburgh over Duke
North Carolina over Arizona St.
Missouri over UConn

My Final Four:

Wake Forest over Missouri
North carolina over Pittsburgh

National Championship:

North Carolina over Wake Forest

My Elite Eight:

Wake Forest over Kansas
Pittsburgh over Duke
Missouri over UConn

My Final Four:

National Championship:

I see Arizona State losing a 2nd round game to Syracuse!

My Elite Eight:

Wake Forest over Kansas
Pittsburgh over Duke
Missouri over UConn

My Final Four:

National Championship:

I like how you think. :D

Here are my regional picks:

Louisville over West Virginia
Memphis over Washington
Pittsburgh over Duke
North Carolina over Oklahoma (Anders, I learned my lesson from DBSForums!)

Final Four
Louisville over Memphis
Pittsburgh over North Carolina

National Title
Pittsburgh over Louisville

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)