NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Utah State update:

The Aggies blew Boise State out yesterday, 80-64, and they bring their 16 game winning streak into tonight's 9 PM semifinal against Louisiana Tech in Reno, Nevada. Their last loss? January 4 at...Louisiana Tech. They have since beaten Tech at home a couple of weeks ago.

At 26-6 Utah State should be in the NCAA tournament even with a loss tonight, but most think a win tonight and even a loss in the conference tournament finals will be more than enough.

State will be a scary opponent should they meet up with one or more of the big boys next week. This is a team with an extremely poised and savvy point guard (Jared Quayle, their only senior), a powerful low-post presence in Tai Wesley, a high-flying sixth man off the bench, 6-7 Brady Jardine, and very balanced scoring.

As Syracuse found out anything can happen in a conference tournament, hopefully even with an upset tonight, their ticket is stamped.

Sandra

TAKE THAT BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tOHIO STATE STILL OWNS YOU!!!

... thanks to a buzzer beater by THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND, Evan Turner!!

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

TAKE THAT BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tOHIO STATE STILL OWNS YOU!!!

... thanks to a buzzer beater by THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND, Evan Turner!!

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who didn't see what I am gloating about, the Buckeyes were down by 2 pts with 2.2 seconds remaining in the game. The Buckeyes had to advance the ball all the way down the court and make a 3 to win. They did exactly than when Evan Turner made a 40'+ shot to win the game against our arch rival, Michigan Wolverines....

[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryId=2459792&id=4989772"]Turner's Desperation 3 Sinks Michigan - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

1) uncalled for.
2) that "distinction" is reserved for JT-II and Georgetown. Clowns.

Oh pul-eeeze. You can tell me how your team is going to pound 'the Red Stain' (St. John's), but calling UConn the Blue Stain is uncalled for?

Glass houses...don't dish it out...;)

Sandra

Saw the shot by Evan Turner- that was a hell of a play to win the game.

(BTW, how come Ohio State vs. Michigan in basketball is not viewed as mythicaly as their football battles are?)

P.S. How does his tOSU legacy compare with that of guys such as Oden, Redd, Jimmy Jackson, etc?

Oh pul-eeeze. You can tell me how your team is going to pound 'the Red Stain' (St. John's), but calling UConn the Blue Stain is uncalled for?

Glass houses...don't dish it out...;)

Sandra

Sorry, I'm sensitive this week :) I'll feel better when we get an NIT bid. Even better on Thursday (I always take the first 2 days of the tourney off, and mega-march-madness the house :) )

LAST place The U making a little noise in the ACC. The most bizarre thing about The U...they are a 20 win team....but in LAST place in the tough ACC. Up next, Duke in the semis. IF they beat Duke....have they made the selection committee's decision that much tougher?

LAST place The U making a little noise in the ACC. The most bizarre thing about The U...they are a 20 win team....but in LAST place in the tough ACC. Up next, Duke in the semis. IF they beat Duke....have they made the selection committee's decision that much tougher?
It wouldn't be a tough call. Miami only has one way in, and that's to win the whole thing. Their profile was absolutely terrible. Miami's RPI was still outside the top 100 coming into today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts