NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Tennessee at UCLA
The Vols are a 7.5 to 8 point favorite in this game. I might give UCLA the points, but I don't know if I would take them straight up.

Kentucky at Louisville
This is a tough one. I might give the edge to Louisville at Papa John's (sorry ramy).

Illinois at Missouri
I would pick Missouri, too, but this game is going on my upset watch.

All the others I agree with.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Beware of App State. I have a strange feeling that lightning may strike twice!
Not going to happen. LSU will win by 20 at least. I will be surprised if it is within 14, and I'm a fan of FCS (I-AA). LSU just played eventual I-AA national champion App St. in 2005 and beat them 24-0.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Yes, but Jamarcus Russell, LaRon Landry, Dwayne Bowe, and Glenn Dorsey are not walking through that door.
I was using it more as an example of why LSU won't be overlooking them. Besides the Michigan game, LSU just played them three years ago. And LSU just won a national championship without some of those players you mentioned.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
BTW, jwfgeol,

listened to some of your podcasts. Very nice.

I liked some of your sound effects (crying baby, and Dan Hawkins' intramurals line), and I also know it must have been difficult to talk about when Florda demolished Tennessee given the fact that you bleed orange.

BTW, have you ever admitted on the air you're a Vols fan?

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
BTW, jwfgeol,

listened to some of your podcasts. Very nice.

I liked some of your sound effects (crying baby, and Dan Hawkins' intramurals line), and I also know it must have been difficult to talk about when Florda demolished Tennessee given the fact that you bleed orange.

BTW, have you ever admitted on the air you're a Vols fan?
I try to be as impartial as possible while doing the podcast. The only time I kind of flubbed up is when I said "we" while talking about Tennessee during one podcast. I don't think anyone caught it, though. I have people that listen from all around the country, so I want to keep the dialog open and not just be Tennessee or SEC focused. I really need to do a new podcast, but I'm remodeling a bathroom at home that I need to paint. Maybe I can finish one tomorrow.

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Tennessee at UCLA
The Vols are a 7.5 to 8 point favorite in this game. I might give UCLA the points, but I don't know if I would take them straight up.

Kentucky at Louisville
This is a tough one. I might give the edge to Louisville at Papa John's (sorry ramy).

Illinois at Missouri
I would pick Missouri, too, but this game is going on my upset watch.

All the others I agree with.

Thanks for the input. The first two games you point out are the ones I went back and forth on. You may be right on the Vols winning, you just never know with them. Think I'll change it however, so they better not let me down. ;) Believe I'll ride it out with Kentucky and Missouri though.

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
No way UCLA beats Tennessee. I think UCLA is already down a QB and they didn't have much talent in place to begin with. I mean ND beat those guys last year.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the input. The first two games you point out are the ones I went back and forth on. You may be right on the Vols winning, you just never know with them. Think I'll change it however, so they better not let me down. ;) Believe I'll ride it out with Kentucky and Missouri though.
Oh no, don't put me on the spot :)

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Beware of App State. I have a strange feeling that lightning may strike twice!

I don't think LSU has anything to worry about, an upset could happen, but it's highly unlikely.
App St. snuck up and beat Michigan, this time teams are well aware of the ball they can play.
I look for LSU to pay attention and beat them by about 21.

Jimbo

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I don't think LSU has anything to worry about, an upset could happen, but it's highly unlikely.
App St. snuck up and beat Michigan, this time teams are well aware of the ball they can play.
I look for LSU to pay attention and beat them by about 21.

Jimbo

Hope you're right. :)

I'm wondering if the game will even take place. Hurricane Gustav has been scheduled to come in around Monday in the upper Gulf area. If it speeds up in the next few days, they may postpone for preperations. There is another one, Hanna, right behind Gustav. I hate the weather this time of year down there. :mad:

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Yeah, this one will be a good one to watch. Might have to email Paul for advice after this is over, but hope not. :)

The only advice I can give you is, don't hide if you lose. I took my lumps. Truth is,it probably won't happen to LSU. MICHIGAN had a tradition of underachieving against wallflowers. (Hopefully the change of regimes will put an end to that.) Just remember, this is a three time national champion, and they will be amped up to play you. Despite what happened in Ann Arbor, LSU may still be looking to next week. Enjoy the game, i know I'm excited to see MICHIGAN play Utah.

GO BLUE!!!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
2 more days!

O-H........

1189904801.jpg

I-O!!!!!!!

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
HD, if Ohio State were to play Texas Tech or Missouri in a bowl game, would that be a tougher task than playing an SEC team?

Jeremy Maclin and Michael Crabtree are far scarier players than anyone in the SEC, and Chase Coffman is the best TE in college football, only to get screwed out of the Mackey Award for a USC guy with lesser numbers just because he's a Trojan.

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
HD, if Ohio State were to play Texas Tech or Missouri in a bowl game, would that be a tougher task than playing an SEC team?
I say it would be far easier. With TT you don't have to worry about guys like Glenn Dorsey killing your QB. Ohio St might need to score 40 points to win, but at least they'd have a shot. Against SEC teams they just get whipped on both sides of the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)