NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Ohio State's game against against OU was a wake-up call. Tressel will have have these guys ready. Don't put too much stock into the close week 2 game.

I actually think our defense matches up well against USC's offense. Hopefully Beanie Wells is ok to go. If so, the Heisman Trophy candidate is going to give the Trojan's fits.

Count me among the surprised to see Pryor limited in playing time last Saturday. Maybe OSU didn't want to "show too much"? Either way, Pryor is a valuabe weapon and we will need him in this upcoming game. Hopefully they have plans for him...

Caught looking ahead a week? Or maybe Wells is THAT important? Probably both, wouldn't you say?

Finnaly they push the highly over hyped Ohio St down a notch. When USC beats them they should fall out of the top 10.

4 of the top 10 (2 of the top 5) are SEC teams. Go figure.

Not so fast my friend ....

Tell me exactly WHY they should have been dropped after winning handily in week 1 ?

More from the SEC fan boy this year as well I see...

If I recall, LSU played a division 2 team also and had the same results, did you say that LSU should ALSO be dropped in the rankings ????
I didn't think so...

Jimbo

Ohio State's game against against OU was a wake-up call. Tressel will have have these guys ready. Don't put too much stock into the close week 2 game.

I actually think our defense matches up well against USC's offense. Hopefully Beanie Wells is ok to go. If so, the Heisman Trophy candidate is going to give the Trojan's fits.

Count me among the surprised to see Pryor limited in playing time last Saturday. Maybe OSU didn't want to "show too much"? Either way, Pryor is a valuabe weapon and we will need him in this upcoming game. Hopefully they have plans for him...

I don't see Pryor playing unless its a blow out or the Offense is not doing anything.

Jimbo

Caught looking ahead a week? Or maybe Wells is THAT important? Probably both, wouldn't you say?

As Jimbo said, both. Wells is one of the best players in the country and without him, we are missing a huge playmaker.

On a local sports talk show yesterday, former Buckeye, Chris Spielman guaranteed that the Buckeyes will show more heart and will be prepared for the USC game. Very motivated speaker. I hope Tressel calls upon him to make a pre-game speech or something...

Not so fast my friend ....

Tell me exactly WHY they should have been dropped after winning handily in week 1 ?

More from the SEC fan boy this year as well I see...

If I recall, LSU played a division 2 team also and had the same results, did you say that LSU should ALSO be dropped in the rankings ????
I didn't think so...

Jimbo

and your an OSU fanboy point?

My dislike for OSU comes from how much overhype they seem to get and have not deserved. They got put in their place 2 years in a row, Id be really pissed if they made it again against say an SEC team, and get creamed again. Reminds me of the bills/cowboys series. Gets boring watching a team be beat over and over.

LSU only played one game, OSU had two so far. When LSU does its second game we can compare them.

We will see after this weekend though if OSU will even be in the running.

...If I recall, LSU played a division 2 team also and had the same results, did you say that LSU should ALSO be dropped in the rankings ????
I didn't think so...

Jimbo

...LSU only played one game, OSU had two so far. When LSU does its second game we can compare them.

We will see after this weekend though if OSU will even be in the running.

Since both of you seem to have an interesnt in LSU, and I'm the only one of the three of us that religiously follows LSU football, why not let me speak for the Tigers and you two just read.

At no time was LSU tested against App. St. (who I think can beat Ohio University) - it was a slaughter from the getgo. Over the last few years, the Tigers have almost always put away their creampuffs early like they are supposed to do. That said, LSU still has big questions concerning their QB. Neither of the two that played against App. St. showed to be outstanding, but both did a pretty decent job of following plays and executing. The jury is out until we see what they can or can't do when actually facing a defense.

LSU going against SEC this year will be a test - far greater than it was last year. First they're at Auburn - a team that seems to mirror LSU with a strong defense (although I think LSU's is stronger) and a questionable offense. This game is a toss-up, with a slight edge to Auburn at their home field. The next big test will be at Florida, and from what I saw of Florida's improved defense against Miami, LSU better have their A-game going on offense (if they have one) because they won't be able to stop TT and the Gators forever, no matter how good their defense is. I look for them to lose this one. Next test is at home against Georgia. LSU's defense should be able to handle Georgia's offense, and if the Tigers can get something going when they have the ball, they should have a chance of winning this one at home. Another toss-up. Then comes Nick Saban's team into Tiger stadium for the first time since he took the reins of the Tide. That will be a win for LSU. Mississippi, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Arkansas fill out the rest of the SEC schedule. LSU shouldn't have any problem with them, but in the SEC someone can always trip you up when you least expect it (i.e., Kentucky and Arkansas last year).

In summary, I see LSU going 8-4, or possibly 9-3 for the season. I don't see them winning the SEC West this year, although they will be a contender. And just for the record, I don't think LSU could beat tOSU at the shoe this year.

Now leave my boys alone. :mad: ;)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!! (and geaux away Ike!)

Id be really pissed if they made it again against say an SEC team, and get creamed again. Reminds me of the bills/cowboys series.

This year, it stops.

OSU will face a Big 12 team- either Missouri in the title game or an at-large Texas Tech team.

Over the last few years, the Tigers have almost always put away their creampuffs early like they are supposed to do.

Same thing with Texas Tech. Unlike the Aggies, your team and my team NEVER chokes on creampuffs.

This year, it stops.

OSU will face a Big 12 team- either Missouri in the title game or an at-large Texas Tech team.

Same thing with Texas Tech. Unlike the Aggies, your team and my team NEVER chokes on creampuffs.
Got bad news for you. TT plays OU in Norman. They don't do well there. Advantage: OU

Missouri might play OU in the Big-12 Championship in KC. Advantage: Missouri. Missouri lost twice to OU last year (the championship game was a blowout). Advantage: OU.

Got bad news for you. TT plays OU in Norman. They don't do well there. Advantage: OU

Missouri might play OU in the Big-12 Championship in KC. Advantage: Missouri. Missouri lost twice to OU last year (the championship game was a blowout). Advantage: OU.

did you have to bring that up???:D

yeah you did kick butt in the big 12 championship. buy like you said ,this year the game is in KC, mizzou's back yard. so that should give us a advantage!
you had it last year in san antonio. i was there. it was about 70% sonner fans i would say. of course this is based on that we both get there, dont think the teams we play will laydown

Hopefully Hurricane Wells will blow into LA on Saturday night !!!

I sure hope this kid is 100% this weekend. This is a premier matchup, and want I to see both teams at their best. As much as I would like to see "that evil school down South" lose, I hate the PAC 10 even more. Besides I'm getting tired of all the BIG 10 bashing that's been going on here for the last 2 years.

GO BLUE!!!

Think Tressel might be playing mind games with Carroll?

He's not that type of guy. If he says it's a game time decision, it's a game time decision. If I'm Wells, I take a needle, pills and do anything you can do to play this game. It's a "toe" for crying out loud! It's not a ligament, muscle or bone. It's a sore toe! WTF!