NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I root for a team, too, but I have a mutual respect for other teams in the conference. If the conference is doing well, the more bowl money/advertising/TV deals the conference gets and is dispersed to each school.
Exactly. Also, the better the other teams in the conference are doing, the more exciting the week to week games are. I hate playing the conference doormat, but the way its been in the sec lately, anyone can conceivably upset anyone else. Makes for better football IMHO

jwfgeol,

your thoughts on the Tennessee debacle?

I have a feeling that they may not make a bowl game- heck, I'm not sure they may beat Vandy OR Kentucky.

jwfgeol,

your thoughts on the Tennessee debacle?

I have a feeling that they may not make a bowl game- heck, I'm not sure they may beat Vandy OR Kentucky.
Sabres, you may be right. If you remember, before the season I said the worst case scenario would be 8-4 with loses to UCLA, Florida, Auburn, and Georgia. I don't think anyone knew that Alabama would be top 10 in Saban's 2nd year, or that Vandy...VANDY...would be ranked. I see only three sure (if there is such a thing) wins the rest of the season. That means three more wins would have to come against Alabama, South Carolina, Vandy, or Kentucky just to make it to 7-5. Oy Ve! Tennessee is quickly becoming a mid-level team in the conference.

As for the Florida game, my wife is pregnant and our seats are directly in the sun, so we left in the 2nd quarter (it was unbearably hot). Not that I wouldn't have wanted to leave anyway. Florida dominated offense, defense and special teams for the first ten minutes. Tennessee had some good drives after that but never could capitalize. This is shades of 2005 all over again.

Illinois @ Penn State isn't bad.

How did CBS let ESPN take Alabama @ Georgia, and they took Tennessee @ Auburn :confused:

and Florida is on Raycom:mad::mad::mad:

Alabama-Georgia was one of ESPN's "priority" picks. ESPN gets something like the 4th, 7th and 9th overall choices of games prior to the season. CBS picks in the other slots. ESPN claimed the LSU-Auburn game with that 4th overall choice and their next choice was Alabama-Georgia.

Starting with the new TV deal next season, CBS gets the first choice every week.

Alabama-Georgia was one of ESPN's "priority" picks. ESPN gets something like the 4th, 7th and 9th overall choices of games prior to the season. CBS picks in the other slots. ESPN claimed the LSU-Auburn game with that 4th overall choice and their next choice was Alabama-Georgia.

Starting with the new TV deal next season, CBS gets the first choice every week.

Thanks for the info M.

Still hate %&^*)%@ Raycom.:mad:

For those of you familiar with Tennessee, you know there is a place on campus called "the rock" that students paint and paint over. This was the rock after the Florida game:
0915071941.jpg

mccoy,

will the Mississippi State game be another blowout ala last year?

Could be. Depends on LSU's QBs. If Lee starts and plays like he did in the second half of the Auburn game, then yes. If he plays the way he did in the first half, anything could happen.

If Sly was watching Saturday night, he aught to key on LSU's backs and blitz like a madman. When Lee is rattled, he's dangerous (and not in a good way).

I'll take a look at LSU's remaining opponents:

Florida in the Swamp- I think it could go either way, depending on the Bayou Bengals QB situation and an ability to stop Florida's playmakers.

South Carolina- That does not look like such a hard opponent (As you saw in the Vandy game)

Georgia- It all depends on pass-rushing Stafford and keeping Moreno from running wild.

Tulane- This will be a breather- LSU could play the entire game blindfolded, as far as I'm concerned.

Alabama- mccoy and other LSU fans will be jacked up to boo the hell out of Saban; I think you'll need to be more concerned with my 'Sabre Points' to victory:

1. Keep Coffey under wraps (he's as fast as the hockey player whom mccoy remembers from the Penguins)

2. Poke some holes in the Bama defense

3. Force the QB to beat you.

Ole Miss- Play smart and tough on defense, stop the QB, and you'll stop Ole Miss (as Vandy showed)

Troy- I'll set the over/under for winning margin at 55

Arkansas- The last few games against the Hogs have been brutally hard. For once, LSU will have an easy game.

As RockMNation put it, Bama got their win "thanks to the Casey Dick Experience, which continues to give underprivileged defensive backs the chance to live out their dreams and return picks for touchdowns."