NCAA Football 2011-2012

Derwin0 said:
Oklahoma #1? I have to ask why? I would have put Oregon based on their better finish.

And Fla St. as #6? Did any of the voters watch the ACC last year.

And how do the Dawgs get ranked? They reeked last year, and I say this as a fan. As it is, Richt is on the chopping block already.

Ok.. I will bite, what does FSU being in the ACC have anything to do with their ranking? I mean using your logic, how can Boise St. be ranked so high.. I mean their conference is much worse than the ACC.

Some big showdowns early which will help the rankings but I still dont like preseason polls.. GO TIGERS!!!

LSU And Alabama #1 and #2 within the first couple weeks. Will make their showdown pretty epic...

Some big showdowns early which will help the rankings but I still dont like preseason polls.. GO TIGERS!!!

LSU And Alabama #1 and #2 within the first couple weeks. Will make their showdown pretty epic...
I wouldn't bet the house on that now. LSU got some bad news yesterday regarding their new OC Steve Kragthorpe. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Poor guy...I wish him the best. I believe his wife suffers from MS. Puts things in perspective as to what's really important.

Now for the less important. Kragthorpe will be stepping down as OC to coach QB's. Greg Studrawa, a fifth year offensive line coach for LSU will step up as interim OC. He served as OC for four years at Bowling Green prior to joining LSU. However, Kragthorpe will still be calling pass plays. Combine this with Jordan Jefferson's history of inconsistent play, along with Les Miles stirring the gumbo on the headset, and it sounds like a recipe for a huge cluster @#$%, with poor clock management as the highlight.

Suddenly, Oregon just got a big advantage.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205238514&DB_OEM_ID=5200

Last edited:
Ok.. I will bite, what does FSU being in the ACC have anything to do with their ranking? I mean using your logic, how can Boise St. be ranked so high.. I mean their conference is much worse than the ACC.
Becasue almost every team in the ACC sucked last year. Fla St. wasn't much better (4 losses when you were in last years ACC isn't exactly a resume booster), Boise St. on the other hand played excellent all year (in and out of conference).

I cringed almost everytime I watched my alma mater (GT) play.

What I wonder is how Texas gets ranked in the top 25? Did any other team in the list have a losing record last year?

Derwin - bloom coming off of the Paul Johnson flower, eh? Not to mention, also from the All CupCake, Jim Grobe...

Becasue almost every team in the ACC sucked last year. Fla St. wasn't much better (4 losses when you were in last years ACC isn't exactly a resume booster), Boise St. on the other hand played excellent all year (in and out of conference).

I cringed almost everytime I watched my alma mater (GT) play.

WHO did Boise State play? The WAC was no better than the ACC, in some cases worse. And now they are going to which has them and TCU...then a steep drop after that. Sorry, but that logic is not a very good one.

Geez, I cannot believe I have stooped down to argue conference.... I think I just threw up in my mouth....:sick:

WHO did Boise State play? The WAC was no better than the ACC, in some cases worse. And now they are going to which has them and TCU...then a steep drop after that. Sorry, but that logic is not a very good one.

Geez, I cannot believe I have stooped down to argue conference.... I think I just threw up in my mouth....:sick:

They beat ranked Nevada, Ranked Oregon State,

Oh did I mention ACC CHAMPION VTech ?

The Insider said:
They beat ranked Nevada, Ranked Oregon State,

Oh did I mention ACC CHAMPION VTech ?

They beat 2 out of conference teams and one overrated conference foe. We are talking the conference. Try reading the entire flow of the conversation... ;-)

They beat 2 out of conference teams and one overrated conference foe. We are talking the conference. Try reading the entire flow of the conversation... ;-)

I did read the flow. It was in reference to FSU being ranked when the ACC sucked so bad. And how Boise got ranked when there conference sucks.. I simply pointed out why that would be. The fact that FSU played in a weak conference like Boise, but Boise also beat 3 ranked opponents (ranked at the time of the game as well mind you) Including 1 of those teams being the CHAMPION of the ACC. Thus making the assumption that Boise could of won the ACC.

So in the context of the conversation one can understand why Boise St is ranked despite its weak conference, but it does not prove why FSU is ranked with its weak conference and its poor showing last season.

Of course I think FSU will do very well this year in the ACC. I would not be shocked if they won it.

The Insider said:
I did read the flow. It was in reference to FSU being ranked when the ACC sucked so bad. And how Boise got ranked when there conference sucks.. I simply pointed out why that would be. The fact that FSU played in a weak conference like Boise, but Boise also beat 3 ranked opponents (ranked at the time of the game as well mind you) Including 1 of those teams being the CHAMPION of the ACC. Thus making the assumption that Boise could of won the ACC.

So in the context of the conversation one can understand why Boise St is ranked despite its weak conference, but it does not prove why FSU is ranked with its weak conference and its poor showing last season.

Of course I think FSU will do very well this year in the ACC. I would not be shocked if they won it.

The way Boise St. has played in the bowls, as well as Utah, tells you that you guys take the conference stuff way to serious. Good football is good football. But you guys wrap yourself in your conference love. Lol!

IMO Boise St plays well in bowl games because they have a month to prepare and it means something to them. Most of the other schools really don't care anymore unless it is the BCS title game. I honestly don't think Boise can take the weekly grind of playing in the Big12, Big 10, SEC or PAC 12 and come out looking as good as they have the last few years. Are they good? Yes. Would they be the darlings of the nation if they had to play 9 or 10 weeks against the nations top talent in the major conferences? No

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

osu1991 said:
IMO Boise St plays well in bowl games because they have a month to prepare and it means something to them. Most of the other schools really don't care anymore unless it is the BCS title game. I honestly don't think Boise can take the weekly grind of playing in the Big12, Big 10, SEC or PAC 12 and come out looking as good as they have the last few years. Are they good? Yes. Would they be the darlings of the nation if they had to play 9 or 10 weeks against the nations top talent in the major conferences? No

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Good points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)