NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up at 1pm & wanted to watch the Notre Dame-Navy game in Ireland. Come to find out that it was played at 9am while I was asleep.

The Irish looked very good today. Forget Tommy Rees. If he wants to be an idiot I think they will be fine without him.

Well what started out as a very ugly start for The U, down 14-0 after just 8 minutes into the game...they have comeback and taken a 21-20 at the half.

Interesting...Urban Meyer called his Ohio State QB "the most talented player he has ever coached"....according to ESPN.

Either he just dissed Tebow or is full of s#@!t as I have always thought most big name coaches have always been.

salsadancer7 said:
Interesting...Urban Meyer called his Ohio State QB "the most talented player he has ever coached"....according to ESPN.

Either he just dissed Tebow or is full of s#@!t as I have always thought most big name coaches have always been.

Both

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

I like that it appears Fox has removed a lot of the screen clutter to start the season. No annoying scrolls and popups so far on the game on FX, just a Fox logo and score box in the corner. Hope they keep it up and wish they would do it on FSN and Fox.

I'm probably in the minority, but I hate the running scroll at the bottom of the screen along with the twitter hash tags, network logos and pop ups. I don't why ESPN still frames their logo in the 4x3 area. It never fails it pops up at the wrong time in the middle of the action.

edit: Looks like they have dropped some of the stuff on the FSN game too. Switched over to App St/ECU since the other games were getting out of hand and the screen is pretty free of the clutter too.

edit2: spoke too soon, the silly bottom line popped up on the FSN game

Your definitely NOT in the minority ...

I didn't mind it when ESPN used thier Scoring Update at the top and bottom of the hour, that was fine, now all the networks just want to make your game difficult to watch, it has to be all about the NOW, NOW, NOW ... I hate it.

They need to put all that extra garbage, twitter feeds and all that garbage on a -1 channel ....

I have a 60" Pioneer Elite and I have a picture that has the bottom 4" or so filled with junk, I would like my PICTURE back.

This goes for ALL the channels that show games, not just espn...

I wish they would survey the Sports fan and see what they want, but they don't seem to care.

Or, you haven't seen Braxton Miller ... I personally can't wait till he gets comfortable in the system and see just how good he can be ...
I also think alot of it is to show confidence in his current QB.

That said, he said that a few weeks ago from what I recall, maybe again.

From what I can tell, Urban really like his team.
Often comparing them to his '06 and '08 Florida teams, the Buckeyes D line should be VERY strong.

Urban also said thet todays game, 1st quarter was TERRIBLE ... the rest was much better ... as far as I'm concerned, thats called "Making Adjustments on the fly" Something that hasn't happened in Columbus in many years ... Maybe since Earle Bruce.

Jimbo said:
Or, you haven't seen Braxton Miller ... I personally can't wait till he gets comfortable in the system and see just how good he can be ...
I also think alot of it is to show confidence in his current QB.

That said, he said that a few weeks ago from what I recall, maybe.

I am not a fan of Tebow the pro QB..and was even less of a Tebow the college QB...BUT with that said, sorry..but Braxton Miller is gonna have to do 1000 times more than what he did today to be able to be in the same neighborhood as Tebow.

I am not a fan of Tebow the pro QB..and was even less of a Tebow the college QB...BUT with that said, sorry..but Braxton Miller is gonna have to do 1000 times more than what he did today to be able to be in the same neighborhood as Tebow.

Oh, he will .... I really don't like seeing him run all the time, much rather he find a recvr, the times he pulls the ball back from the RB on the "Read Option" is more than I think Urban would like.

He ran 17 times today, way too much, Urban wants that to be 10-12 according to his post game info.

I was a Tebow fan, somewhat, he got the job done most of the time and he's a genuine person.
However, I don't care for him as a Pro.

His record or stats in the pros not withstanding, Tebow was in discussion for greatest college qb to play overall.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Problem is Will wants to play Big 12 defense.. Which is NO DEFENSE. Sure we held them off and beat them but we have 100 times the talent they do. We didn't beat them because we were better prepared and better coached we beat them just because we have better athletes. This no pressure defense Will wants to run is pathetic. Go back to the big 12 with that crappy defense, in the SEC you have to BRING IT!

Also this offense is hard to watch. Florida invented the Fun and Gun.. Fla is the spread! This crap we are doing is boring and hard to watch, its why a good chunk of fans left at half time. Hey Will FLA is not a hand hte ball off to the big guy and let him run, type of team. We are the fun N gun.. We are the spread, go back to the big 12 with that non-sense.

Going to be a long night for Michigan.
Well I can certainly say this is NOT the same Michigan team that played in the Sugar Bowl... its like only half the team got off the plane. As for Florida - Bowling Green lookin good this year so its nothing against Florida, BG just seems to have had it together and looked like a very good team.

The Insider said:
Problem is Will wants to play Big 12 defense.. Which is NO DEFENSE. Sure we held them off and beat them but we have 100 times the talent they do. We didn't beat them because we were better prepared and better coached we beat them just because we have better athletes. This no pressure defense Will wants to run is pathetic. Go back to the big 12 with that crappy defense, in the SEC you have to BRING IT!

Also this offense is hard to watch. Florida invented the Fun and Gun.. Fla is the spread! This crap we are doing is boring and hard to watch, its why a good chunk of fans left at half time. Hey Will FLA is not a hand hte ball off to the big guy and let him run, type of team. We are the fun N gun.. We are the spread, go back to the big 12 with that non-sense.

Really. I could have sworn, hand the ball off to the big guy and run is what you sec homers keep saying is offense

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Really. I could have sworn, hand the ball off to the big guy and run is what you sec homers keep saying is offense

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You don't watch much SEC football i take it ;)

FLAs previous leading running backs were probably the two smallest guys on the team, Jeff Demps and Chris rainy ;) they relied on speed and the spread option. Not power. ;)

Well I can certainly say this is NOT the same Michigan team that played in the Sugar Bowl... its like only half the team got off the plane. As for Florida - Bowling Green lookin good this year so its nothing against Florida, BG just seems to have had it together and looked like a very good team.

Well Michigan is playing against Alabama... Not vtech.. there is a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Hypothetical: If Tebow and Te'o collided the results would be:

NFL Championship Sunday Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)