NCAA Football 2014 season

? Wasn't this stating the acc and sec games this weekend, Ohio State hasn't moved to the sec or the accuracy as far as I know ....
Just sayin. If OSU loses to the ACC so often then maybe they are legit..... or maybe its the other way.
snicker. Your are so easy.

Just sayin. If OSU loses to the ACC so often then maybe they are legit..... or maybe its the other way.
snicker. Your are so easy.

Easy ....

I just don't care for those that play games like you do ....
Maybe you should grow up and be an adult .... or are you really 12 ?

If you are 12, your well informed.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...3/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-florida-josh-mcdaniels

Hugh Freeze will not be leaving Ole Miss to replace Will Muschamp at Florida.

The Rebels head coach has signed a new deal that will pay him $4 million annually for the next four years, plus a bonus consideration for his staff estimated between $400,000 and $600,000, according to multiple sources. Four years is the maximum allowable number of years under state law. An announcement from Ole Miss is expected Tuesday.

Hoke of Michigan was emphatic in interviews his job was safe, however, local radio is reporting a meeting with AD this morning and it sounds as if he may have been way too optimistic. Who would want that job after what the last few coaches have done to the program?

Huh? That I think FSU should be number one until beaten? Not sure why you replied the way you replied, other than to state the obvious.

You asked why FSU was not number and you provided the answers. Many of the writers are enamored with SEC Football just like they were enamored with Big Ten football about a decade or so ago.

Yes.
#22 Lousville (9-3, ACC Atl#3) beat unranked Kentucky (5-7, SEC East #6) at home by 4.
#19 Clemson (9-3, ACC Atl #2) beat unranked S Carolina (6-6, SEC East #5) at home by 18 (this one was a whoopin)
#2 FSU (12-0, ACC Atl #1) beat unranked Florida (6-5, SEC East #3) at home by 5.

(none of those SEC teams ranked better than 8th overall in the SEC the best being Florida, with Kentucky and USC being 12th and 10th in the conference respectively)

The upset was Ga Tech vs Georgia in OT on the road. Good game on that one, and worth a brag.
The other were what they were supposed to be. The cream of the ACC squeaking by 2 of the lowest SEC teams and handily beating one of the other current cellar dwellers.

Congrats on those though. ;)

A win is a win. Period. The point being, with all of the talking of how bad the ACC is and how great the SEC is, SOMEBODY from the SEC should have beaten somebody from the ACC ...and it didn't happen. The chance was there.... and they all failed.

You know it's bad if I have to make some argument about this stupid, "my conference is better than your conference"....

Reactions: Mike0616
Florida fans rejoice, I heard earlier today that Florida is looking to see if CHIP KELLY would be interested ....
I would make the best offer possible to him, he would be a Great catch if he does come ... Florida will be back soon if that happens.

He is succeeding too much at the pro level. He would need to be offered the highest contract in college football history for this to happen.

A win is a win. Period. The point being, with all of the talking of how bad the ACC is and how great the SEC is, SOMEBODY from the SEC should have beaten somebody from the ACC ...and it didn't happen. The chance was there.... and they all failed.

You know it's bad if I have to make some argument about this stupid, "my conference is better than your conference"....
Georgia should have won IMO, so yes, they failed in their game. I agree.

The others however, should have not been close (one wasnt). They were on paper serious mismatches that should have been won handily be the best of the ACC (and one in the nation) against the lower 3rd of the SEC.

As it is, I dont think you would find any SEC fan here or otherwise that expected this past weekend to be better than 1-3, with the one expected but not a given.

But aren't Carolina, Georgia, and Florida considered the traditional powers of the SEC East? If so, then by losing, or mostly by being expected to lose, does that not show that the SEC is not the end all et all?

Also, with the exception of the East during rivalry weekend, and Alabama (which to it's credit, traditionally open the season with one, and LSU on the odd occasion), the SEC shies away from power conference matchups making it hard to determine it's true strength. The Miss schools being the worse offenders.

Worst part is that a middle of the road Big 12 team came in and has taken the 2 SEC East championships.

But aren't Carolina, Georgia, and Florida considered the traditional powers of the SEC East? If so, then by losing, or mostly by being expected to lose, does that not show that the SEC is not the end all et all?

Also, with the exception of the East during rivalry weekend, and Alabama (which to it's credit, traditionally open the season with one, and LSU on the odd occasion), the SEC shies away from power conference matchups making it hard to determine it's true strength. The Miss schools being the worse offenders.
Well traditionally its Tennessee and probably Georgia.
Recent tradition takes tenn away and yes adds the two you mentioned.

But this season, all of those except Georgia are terrible in the SEC. For that matter, the EAST is down, at least in comparison to previous years and to the West.
Even in a down year though, it appears that they almost have enough to hang with the cream of the ACC. ;)

B
Read the link I posted as it will show that this statement is just not true. Or any moreso that any other conference. It will also show that when these games are played, the SEC tends to come out on top.
Through week 9 of this season dating back to 2008.
Total Number of OOC Power 5 Games Played

LEAGUE No. Games
ACC 155
Big Ten 137
SEC 134
Pac-12 122
Big 12 111

Overall OOC Opponent Power 5 Record

LEAGUE RECORD WIN %
SEC 84-50 .626
Pac-12 66-57 .536
Big 12 58-53 .522
Big Ten 55-82 .401
ACC 59-96 .380

so rankings are stupid? The arguement wasnt "this conference is better". The arguement was about all of the ranked ACC teams beating unranked SEC bottom feeders. Please Come back when GT beats Bama or LSU

Worst part is that a middle of the road Big 12 team came in and has taken the 2 SEC East championships.

That surprised no one really that was paying attention. Missouri was expected from the start to be a contender in the eastern division that had started to make way to the much stronger west. They were on the rise, the conference move boosted interest in the program and recruiting, and the university put more money into the program. There was no better time than when they did to make the switch and have success.

A good read on SEC "bias" and dominance. It relates to our current discussion as well.
Why only ranked SEC teams? Not including unranked teams screws the stats big time, as it would be counting Texas A&M v Indiana and not Florida St. v Florida this past year (or Vanderbilt/Kentucky against anyone any number of years).

Of course stats that have only ranked SEC teams vs other teams (ranked or unranked) is going to be a net plus for the SEC.

Why only ranked SEC teams? Not including unranked teams screws the stats big time, as it would be counting Texas A&M v Indiana and not Florida St. v Florida this past year.

Of course stats that have only ranked SEC teams vs other teams (ranked or unranked) is going to be a net plus for the SEC.
That is simply the only one i copied on that post. I copied others later. it is all in the link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)