NCAA Softball

As a former fast pitch softball umpire, watching these games drives me crazy. I'd say about half of the pitchers are illegal, but almost never called. They crow hop and leap, but no one calls it.

This Texas - Oregon matchup has been intense. Already three confrontations and an ejection and currently tied 4 - 4 in the top of the sixth. Glad they are televising these. I regularly go to Athens and Clemson during softball season. The games are so fun to watch and much more fan friendly. I have met so many good people at these things. I was cleaning out my Facebook friends list (all the complainers, etc) and most of my friends are now softball players at many of these schools. Many of them work hard and take pride in their game.

The Arizona - Oklahoma game was hard to watch. Ricketts was on fire and Zona totally blew it in the first inning with bad defense and a pitching game that didn't seem loose until the second inning. I thought the UGA - Tenn game was a blast and could go either way tomorrow. I'm really excited about the Cal - UW game tonight. I think Jolene can carry this team to the championship but IMHO Washington could be a threat. Much will depend on their pitcher (Inglesby) keeping them in the game. I need Cal to win.... Entered a bracket for a trip to OKC next year for the WCWS. Walked away last week in first place but only by one win. :)

Should be nice in OKC next week for WCWS. Been very windy the last two weeks and abnormally warm all month in low 90's, but next week is supposed to be near normal with upper 70's low 80's.

dfergie said:
California is handling Washington so far... (been watching about :15 or so off & on)

California looks good but I have a gut feeling ASU will repeat. Much of that, though, depends on the pitching. If it is any little bit off, Cal will tear you apart. If they can silence the bats, though, ASU can put up the runs to win. My bracket is due Wednesday and I'm still ahead. Whoever picks the winner gets 15 bonus points. Got a decision to make.

dfergie said:
I was surprised as was the announcers that they started the same pitcher that lost to them them night before... they had Her number that night.

+1. I was certain UL-Lafayette would advance after the first game. Guess that's why they actually play the games.

Lady Sooners and South Florida kick things off at noon central time tomorrow.

Looking at storms tonight thru early morning but it should be a nice day otherwise, with temps returning to normal 75-80 degrees instead of the 90's we've had the past week. I was thinking about driving down for a couple of games, but don't really have time this week to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts