Need a CURRENT Dish vs Directv vs Uverse Comparison.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffreyjames

Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
I'm with Comcast, and in West Palm Beach it's horrible.. Terrible UI, DVR is very buggy, etc..

I'm interested in Directv, Dish or U-Verse.

Our tv watching personality includes standard cable channels (Bravo, E!, A&E, AMC, MTV, History, Discovery, TLC, and the Local Networks). We do NOT watch ANY sports. We would like movie channels as well (HBO, Showtime).

I really miss the Tivo that came with Directv years ago, and would like a nice UI as well. Price helps also, the Uverse looked appealing, because I could get phone/internet and cable for $140/month including all movie channels. Although this jumps to 195 after 12 months.

What are your thoughts? I hope posting in a specific vendor forum won't give me biased reviews. ;)

Since each forum tends to think their selected provider is the best, you might also want to post something similar in the Dish forum.

From my point of view, as a Dish subscriber, the choice is mostly about programming and then cost. Basically if you're not into sports a lot, and tend to the national HD channels, Dish deserves a good look.

But then there is the cost factor. Assuming the HD channel selections on both are good for you, then DirecTV has much better new customer signup deals these days.

On the equipment side of things, I tend to think that Dish has a better HDDVR, but the DirecTV HR24 is awfully good too and is the only one worth considering on the Direct side imo. MRV on Direct also can be very nice if you have more than one TV.

As to TIVO, well there is the oft-rumored, never shipped, DirecTV Tivo unit. But frankly, I think both D* and E* HDDVRs are much more than good enough.

I will agree that Dish vs Direct is a matter of opinion.
I have had both and prefer Direct myself as I believe the equipment is a lot more user friendly.
I also have a lot of customers that agree with me on that when I switch them out.

Of course, all my customers I change out also say how horrible Dish is, but on the flip side, every Dish tech hears the same thing about Direct.

As far as Uverse is concerned, I thought they were going to give us a run for the money when they cane to this area but we have been switching people out almost as fast as they signed up.
I don't know about other areas but it is flopping here.

Not that it helps you out any, but on the Flip side, I have heard nothing but good things when it comes to Fios.
But since Uverse is in your market, I doubt Fios is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)